- Experience Needed:
- 1 to 2 years
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time Part Time
- Travel Frequency:
- Up to 50% travel
About the Job
We’re looking for Middle Eastern travelers we can pay to dream, travel, explore, create content, and tell stories – and don’t worry about the bridges, your travel time is on the house.
- Safareya is looking for one (1) Visual Content Creator with extensive experience in, well, traveling and creating visual content. You’ll (mainly) be based out of our peacefully chaotic central Cairo office, creating travel content about everything from inspiring stories and travel hacks to tech and gear and hidden gems in dream destinations.
- This doesn’t mean your job is to take nice pictures of the sea whenever you’re in Sahel, but that you know how to take a concept and turn it into a visual story. We’re not looking for sanay3eya, but people with vision and unconventional ideas.
- Your job is to come up with unique, compelling, creative travel content that captivates the Middle Eastern nomad, pitching story ideas on a daily basis then applying the technical know-how to bring them to life.
Aside from your annual 21 vacation days and 7 sick days, being part of the Safareya team also means…
- 4 work from home days per month
- A day off on your birthday
- Additional paid vacation time if you’ll be traveling and creating content from your trip (yes, that means it doesn’t count toward your 21 vacation days)
- Expenses-paid travel if we’re sending you somewhere for a story
1 to 2 years
Not Specified at least
Media Production Travel and Tourism Writing and Editing
The ideal candidate is a one [wo]man show with the skills and creative capacity to come up with ideas, capture the footage, and edit it into #travelgoals material that makes people want to quit their jobs and hop on a plane. Also…
- Hustle – the ability to work fast, work hard, meet deadlines, and surpass expectations.
- The ability to tell a good story, which is NOT as easy as it seems.
- The ability to create under pressure, even when uninspired. Especially when uninspired.
- A willingness to learn; receptive to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Proactive, responsible adult who doesn’t say things like “it’s not my job” and doesn’t complain about everything under the sun
- Knowledge of social media and graphic design are assets
- Preference is given to those with digital media agency experience.
NOTE: Applications without a portfolio will be immediately discarded.
About this Company
Despite the Middle East being the world’s fastest-growing travel region, the dominant presence in the online travel world is that of the Western experience. Amid the constant cacophony of digital voices, Safareya comes to the forefront as the first publication to speak the...
See all Careers and Jobs at Safareya