- Experience Needed:
- 6 to 7 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- To assist in executing dredging activities related to dredging, reclamation and civil marine projects within deadline and budget available Ensure high quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Focus on NMDC''s business priorities while meeting customer demands.
- Job Description: Description of activities and key responsibilities of the function
- Ensuring that the works assigned to him are executed safety and without risks for the health, quality and
- Environment, both according to the requirements and those of the company;
- In close coordination with Sandfill Master / Dredge Superintendent everything that is required to perform
- Tasks properly;
- Manage the Sand fill crew plus all related equipment, introducing and applying the necessary procedures to
- Maintain the most precise working environment.
- Ensure optimum utilization of resources.
- Responsible for planning and project management of major reclamation / sand field works shore discharge
- Operations, plan and setup.
- Communicate with Site Engineer/Dredging Supdt., for the operation and implementation of work order as
- Coordinate with Dredger on routine work acitvites.
- Assisting sandfill team and operators in placing shore anchors from dredger to shore, and pumping & sandfill
- Ensure equipment cleanliness and keep the equipment in good working order.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the site and the work environment and abide by the health and safety rules.
- Perform other tasks, as instructed by the site management.
- Execution of the work in accordance with the local environmental prescriptions and regulations.
- Prevents delays and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
- Reporting of accidents or particular events as per standards.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
- Implements safety policies and procedures for effective and efficient functioning of the team and its operations.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures;
- Complying with legal regulations.
- Safety is a part of each employee’s job, active participation to the safety program is a condition of each
- employee’s employment in order to achieve safer working environment.
- This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you will be ask to do above / beyond
- The scope of this role due to Operational/Technical requirements.
6 to 7 years
Not Specified at least
Marine Manufacturing & Services
Educational Qualifications & Certifications
- Higher Secondary or Diploma or equivalent professional qualification and experience;
- Personal Survival & Fire Fighting & First Aid Qualification (Basic Safety Training Certificates)STCW
- Behavioral skills Relevant profile experience
- Be able to manage personnel with different cultural backgrounds
- Motivate and inspire colleagues to develop knowledge,
- Skills and competencies. Provide objective and constructive feedback in an appropriate way.
- Be able to translate department targets into concrete and
- Measurable goals for the division for a timely achievement of goals.
- Take ownership of own objectives agreed upon and of the objectives of the division.
- Investigate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external stakeholders. Build and maintain
- Strategically important client and contractor relations.
- Proactively serve and constructively respond to external
- Client needs in order to meet business priorities.
- Initiate and stimulate teaming: horizontal (between departments) and vertical (within the different departments) cooperation in the organization.
- Show respect, flexibility and loyalty towards colleagues throughout the organization.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly orally and in writing.
- Adapt oral and written communication style to the audience.
- Manage conflict, solve problems and mediate between different interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Be able to identify and mitigate risks within the scope of the division and related to other divisions/ department interfaces.
- Function specific experience
- Understanding building codes, safety guidelines and regulations
- Addressing safety and other worksite concerns and issues
- Industry related experience Dredging.
- Marine construction
- Years of experience
- 6-7 years of relevant experience.
- Core Competence:
- Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works safely and efficiently
- Role Specific/Technical Competencies:
- Ability to read, understand, and follows safety procedures
- Knowledge of Loading / unloading and other heavy equipment
- Ability to travel to various job sites as required.
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills
- English & Arabic and any other language is an asset.
- IT skills
- MS Office - knowledge preferred
- Accuracy & Self Reliant
- Flexibility: being longer periods of time on duty.
About this Company
The National Marine Dredging Company is one of the leading companies providing Dredging, Reclamation, and Marine construction projects in the Middle East.
See all Careers and Jobs at NMDC