- Experience Needed:
- 10 to 12 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Description of key result areas of department
- To Maintain and manage all technical aspects of all vessels in the most efficient way.
- Ensure optimal and timely availability of all vessels.
- Focus on NMDC's business priorities while meeting customer demands.
- Supervises and leads Chief Engineer’s, W/K Engineer’s & crew in all activities concerned with engineering works aspects.
- Prepare method statements and procedures, Competent in reading, understanding and interpreting specifications, drawings, and all other engineering related documentation.
- Familiar with and enforces strict compliance with all Engineering Standards, company QA/QC and safety procedures, rules and regulations.
- Monitor and supervise operations of vessel condition from engineering aspect and staff compliance with management policies, international, state or local Maritime regulations.
- Understands the principals and importance of planning. Monitors and tracks daily progress and work completed, comparing planned to actual. Takes appropriate mitigating action to ensure compliance.
- Ensures that the Chief & W/K Engineers understand and implement the work plan, by explaining and engaging in pro-active communication with the crews.
- Conduct regular visits to ensure effective and safe operations of all vessels, according to HSE requirements. Respond to QHSE reports and ensure addressed issues will be solved.
- Responsible for all technical and operational related issues, including correspondence, ensuring all procedures are adhered to and comply with Company & International safety management (ISM), classification society rules, and Maritime insurance.
- Maintain and update all the technical data, drawings and specifications about all vessels.
- Perform practical leadership to chief engineers / SDM by working closely with technical staff to solve technical problems.
- Recommend Technical Manager on development needs of Technical Department staff and equipment.
- Provides accurate reports to Technical Manager on work done/performance, issues/delays, status of assets, equipment and vessels and work forecasts.
- Identifies and implements ‘on-job” training programs with the aim of developing and improving team members’ competency in required skills and abilities.
- This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you may be requested to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
10 to 12 years
Not Specified at least
Marine Manufacturing & Services
- Degree in Engineering Field or equivalent
- Relevant certification is an advantage
Function specific experience
- Experience in the design and engineering related to dredging.
Industry related experience
- Extensive experience on marine activities and design
Years of experience
- 10 to 12 years of experience
About this Company
The National Marine Dredging Company is one of the leading companies providing Dredging, Reclamation, and Marine construction projects in the Middle East.
See all Careers and Jobs at NMDC