- Experience Needed:
- 4 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Description of key result areas of department
- To provide accurate and timely end-to-end survey services on dredging, filling and reclamation according to professional, international standards.
- Provide the project management with drawings, and prepare, produce and print sitemaps based on accurate and up to date measurements.
- Focus on NMDC’s business priorities while meeting customer demands.
Description of activities and key responsibilities of the function
- Ensure the efficiency and accuracy of drawings to Projects.
- Support the Commercial Department in securing new work for the company by producing feasibility drawings and proposals.
- Ensure efficiency of survey operation by providing design geometry to surveyors.
- Execute storing and printing drawings and data and produce georeference images and provide other departments ad hoc with needed documentation.
- Collate and provide survey data and drawings to Survey manager for submission to clients for approval.
- Liaise with Design Department to obtain clear specification.
- Support the Design Department and Commercial Manager with necessary drawings from concept to Handover stage.
- Create detailed CAD drawing for on-site work.
- Carry out the site survey
- Continuously look for and suggest ways to improve the process.
- Other duties requested by management in support of teamwork as & when required.
- This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you may be requested to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
4 to 5 years
Not Specified at least
Engineering Services Marine Manufacturing & Services Oil and Gas
Educational Qualifications & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in AutoCAD Draughtsman or Equivalent Professional qualification.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effectively communicates thoughts, ideas information, and message in writing or verbally. Fair reporting and presentation skills.
- Show respect, flexibility, and loyalty towards colleagues throughout the organization.
- Accepts objective and constructive feedback in an appropriate way.
- Contributes to horizontal (between departments and vertical (within the different departments) cooperation in the organization
- Be able to manage personnel with different cultural backgrounds.
- Participate in the drive the change and innovation of the division.
- Be able to assist to identify and mitigate risks within the scope of the division and related to other division/departments interfaces.
- Motivate and inspire colleagues to develop knowledge, skills and competencies. Provide objective and constructive feedback in an appropriate way.
- Stimulate a results-oriented organizational culture by regularly sharing the division’s performance and results.
- Take ownership of own objectives agreed upon and of the objectives of the division.
- Investigate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external stakeholders. Build and maintain strategically important client and contractor relations.
- Business process and workflow design, functional requirements definition, functional design and on-going business analysis and communications.
- Strong knowledge of Analytical and calculative skills.
Industry related experience
- Knowledge of Dredging/Civil Marine industry preferable
Years of experience
- 4+ years of related work experience at medium to large enterprises preferably in Dredging, Oil, and Gas or Marine industry.
About this Company
The National Marine Dredging Company is one of the leading companies providing Dredging, Reclamation, and Marine construction projects in the Middle East.
See all Careers and Jobs at NMDC