- Experience Needed:
- More than 12 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Description Of Key Result Areas Of Department
- To source suppliers, evaluate offers and negotiate contracts for the supply of goods and services so as to minimize the total cost of ownership and any contractual risks, whilst maximizing value for money and providing a service responsive to the needs an.
- To work collaboratively with all departments within NMDC to implement procurement strategies and methodologies which maximize
- value for money whilst minimizing risks and maintaining the appropriate quality of goods and services.
- To operate NDMC cost-effectively requires commensurate with the technical and service requirements, and the security required by the business.
Description of Activities And Key Responsibilities Of The Function:
Purchasing and materials activities:
- Manages day-to-day functioning of Purchasing Division
- Review purchase orders to ensure adherence to quality and procedures.
- Ensures that re-ordering the stock is carried out on daily basis as required to maintain adequate stock levels of parts for production.
- Understands assembly process thoroughly to ensure that the material is delivered just in time.
- Participates in the creation of forecasts, and relates those to production programs and stock required for the daily production round.
- Represents purchasing in discussions and strategies aimed at improving overall integration of purchasing, assets, and accounts payable.
- Liaise with Technical department when creating new products or in matters relating to product specification.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products, or suitable materials.
- Reviewing the technical specifications for accuracy and completeness.
- Overseeing the technical and QA requirements on all items (materials, components and parts) to ensure that purchased items meet design requirements.
- Managing the shipping, handling and storage requirements on components to ensure high quality items are received and issued to the appropriate department.
- Support & Coordinating with the various departments for Procurement of Common Raw Materials & Packaging Materials.
- Coordinate with various departments for smooth functioning of departmental activity, particularly with technical and operations department.
- Rate contracts/tendering/market survey and data of prices for ready reckoning and instant estimations.
- Prepares, monitors and controls department business plans / budgets.
- Supplier Management and Vendor Sourcing and Analysis.
- Undertakes Vendor Analysis & Development of new Vendors.
- Identifies early suppliers for company components, concepts and production program.
- Manages vendor documentation program, ensuring that a tracking system is in place and maintained.
- Works closely with potential production suppliers to ensure effective support.
- Searches on a worldwide basis for production companies, technologies partners, manufacturers and future potential suppliers for the company and keeping up with market trends.
- Proactive and acts on initiative to maintai a supplier base and when necessary source alternative suppliers to ensure that the required material products remain in constant as required.
- Proactively ensures all suppliers adhere to agreed service levels and to have contingencies plans of supply for all core product ranges.
- Develops and implements appropirate long and short terms strategic and tactical initiatives in order to achieve specific buying, sourcing targets.
- Supports the Production Design Group with supplier negotiations, supplier timing plans, and cost forecast to achieve the most cost effective component delivery.
- Negotiates and executes contracts with the vendors as per requirement of quality, cost and delivery.
- Maintains data of all the prices approved as a record and keeps track of changes in prices frequently and updates.
- Reviews purchase orders to ensures adherence to quality and procedures.
- Oversees the purchase orders to Vendors and order acknowledgements from the vendors.
Educational Qualifications Certifications
- Technical / Engineering Bachelor degree or equivalent professional qualification.
Industry Related Experience
- Knowledge of Dredging / Civil Marine industry.
- Years of experience 12 years’ experience or relevant.
- Excellent communication / Language skills
- Required: English
- Arabic and any other language is an asset.
- IT skills
- Microsoft Office
- Oracle ERP
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent persuasive skills
- Client focus
- Passing Physical fitness from Abu Dhabi Health Services Co. SEHA, is mandatory. Physical examinations and investigations tests (ADMA), will be required before working at offshore Oil and Gas Projects
About this Company
The National Marine Dredging Company is one of the leading companies providing Dredging, Reclamation, and Marine construction projects in the Middle East.
See all Careers and Jobs at NMDC