- Experience Needed:
- 10 to 15 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Description of key result areas of department
- Lead, direct, control and advice on the Projects’ resources and plan to maintain/improve the short and long- term financial health of NMDC Project’s.
- To execute activities related to dredging, reclamation and civil marine projects within deadline and budget available. Ensure high quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Focus on NMDC business priorities while meeting business users demands.
- In close cooperation with OD, COO everything that is required to perform his tasks properly
- Responsible to deliver project successfully within project requirements
- Translation of the Company’s policy towards the Employees, Engineer and Third Parties
- Organization and Supervision of the Execution of the Works described in the Contract
- Ensuring all legal and Contractual requirements of the Contract
- Reporting to Head Office
- Immediate reporting of accidents or particular events
- Responsible for the safety and health of the employees and Subcontractors, including the environmental performance
- Execution of the work in accordance with the local environmental prescriptions and regulations
- Defend the Company’s viewpoints
- Delegate tasks towards the site staff
- Study and implement methods increasing productions
- The Project HSE Representative for HSE matters. All staff with management responsibilities shall demonstrate their commitment to the continual improvement of the HSE performance.
- The ultimate responsibility and accountability for occupational health and safety on the project rests with the Project Manager.
- His objective is to organize, manage, monitor and control the project organisation, execution and budget in order to undertake the scope of work and achieve standards of quality, schedule and costs as laid down in the Contract in the interests of NMDC with relation to the Contract.
Accountabilities Towards HSE
- The PM is responsible for all project activities, including HSE. He will be the main interface with CLIENT for all matters.
- The Project Manager implements the policy by setting an example for his colleagues by his own behavior and approach regarding HSE matters
- Ensuring the availability of an effective OHSMS [Occupational Health and Safety Management System] and the implementation of this System
- Asking the HSE Management (on corporate as well as on project level) for advice;
- Ensuring that risks and impacts are properly communicated to all supervisors and workers, and that work is carried out safely on a daily basis;
- Verifying whether the different tasks are performed by qualified and competent personnel;
- Making sure that the project activities comply with HSE regulations and requirements;
- Carrying out inspections, reporting of nonconformities and ensuring that these are followed up;
- Ensuring that all employees understand the HSE regulations;
- Applying the same instructions to suppliers/Sub-contractors;
- Ensuring that accidents, near-misses and hazardous situations are investigated and corrective actions are taken;
- Participating in Internal and External Audits;
- Ensuring that appropriate technical and financial resources are made available to support the OHSMS;
- Proposing measures to prevent risks for personnel.
- Responsibilities towards emergency response are defined in the Emergency Response Plan.
Educational Qualifications And Certifications
- Master or Civil Engineer in Construction, Mechanical, Marine Engineering
- An online Engineering Degree is not valid
- Technical, financial, administrative proven experience for conducting foreign sites and dredging activities
- Strong contractual understanding
- High financial insight of project budget control
- Strong analytic capability
- Leadership capabilities
- Organizational / Managerial skills
- Construction skills
- Ability to take responsibility and take decision based on the knows and unknowns
- In depth understanding of dredging processes/use of dredging equipment/ land reclamation/ pipelines etc.
- Ability to link survey-results ( calculation, heights, bench marks, charts, tolerances, etc.) to contractual implications
- To be able to lead and motivate project team.
- Ability to work autonomous
- Having a problem solving mind and able to spread this attitude among his project team
Industry Related Experience
- Knowledge of Performance management
- Years of experience 10 to 15 years’ experience on dredging projects in leading role.
Excellent Verbal communication/ Language Skills
- Required: Fluent English
- Any other language is an asset.
About this Company
The National Marine Dredging Company is one of the leading companies providing Dredging, Reclamation, and Marine construction projects in the Middle East.
See all Careers and Jobs at NMDC