- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Description of key result areas of department
- To execute activities related to dredging, reclamation and civil marine projects within deadline and budget available. Ensure high quality, safety and environmental standards
- Focus on NMDC's business priorities while meeting business users demands.
- In close cooperation with PM, WM everything that is required to perform his tasks properly
- Organizing and supervising the execution of the dredging works for which he is responsible according to the preset planning, budgeting and the applied methods, also observing the standards as to quality, safety and environmental care and with as little risk as possible to persons and equipment.
- Is responsible for the execution of the dredging works. He organizes the work, so that the work is carried out to the required standards of safety and quality with a minimum of risk to persons and equipment.
- Is responsible for the most cost-effective method of execution and monitors daily the actual – versus estimated output.
- Supervises the SDM on all operational planning and execution of dredging works and seeks together with SDM, Technical Superintendent and Production Department for the most productive way of dredging, i.e. the right choice of cutter, suction heads, impellers, number of pumps, choice of dredging cycle, etc.
- Reporting of defects to vessels or their auxiliary equipment to the Technical Department, the Project Manager and the Head office
- Daily reporting to and consultation with the Project-Works -Manager, the Project Team on the operational activities, more in particular on the progress of the works for which he is responsible.
- reporting of accidents or particular events
- Responsible for the safety and health of the employees and Subcontractors, including the environmental performance
- Execution of the work in accordance with the local environmental prescriptions and regulations
- Making honest and valued evaluation of the SDM/Crew/ Sandfield master/ barge master.
Commitment of SD towards the Occupational Health and Safety Management System:
- Demonstrating leadership and accountability towards safety by actively taking part in HSE meetings (e.g. inspections and audits; Incident Investigations; development of Safe Work Practices; Job Hazard Analysis; Risk & Impact Assessments).
- Demonstrate his commitment towards continual improvement of the EMS and OHSMS performance and towards prevention of pollution.
Commitment of SD towards the Quality Management System:
The SD shall be committed to the implementation of the QMS and continually improving its effectiveness by:
- Communicating within the project organization the importance of meeting CLIENT Requirements as well as statutory and regulatory Requirements.
- Take part in the review of the QMS to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. This review, which includes assessing opportunities for improvement and the need for changes to the QMS, Policy
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Marine Manufacturing & Services
Educational Qualifications & Certifications
- Master or Civil Engineer in Construction, Mechanical, Marine Engineering
- An online Engineering Degree is not valid
Relevant Profile experience
- In depth understanding of dredging processes/use of dredging equipment/ land reclamation/ pipelines, cutter types, pick points etc.
- Ability to transform raw data ( CSV-files, loggings) into readable format and ability to interpret this format and come to relevant conclusion based on the converted raw date
- Implement dredging methodologies
- Analytic capability
- Leadership capabilities
- Ability interact with crew, SDM
- Ability to take responsibility and suggest decision based on the knows and unknowns
- Ability to link survey-results ( calculation, heights, benchmarks, charts, tolerances, etc.) to contractual implications
- Ability to work autonomous
- Having a problem solving mind and able to spread this attitude amongst his project team
Years of experience: 2 to 3 years’ experience on dredging projects in relevant role.
Excellent Verbal communication/ Language skills
- Required: Fluent English
- Any other language is an asset.
Excellent Written communication skills
- Required: English
- Any other language is an asset.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Projects
- Skilled in AutoCAD or equal program
- Oracle platform understanding is an advantage
- Hold Valid Driving License
- Passing physical fitness from AD Health Service Co. SEHA is mandatory. Physical examinations and investigation test (ADMA) will be required before working at offshore Oil and Gas projects.
About this Company
The National Marine Dredging Company is one of the leading companies providing Dredging, Reclamation, and Marine construction projects in the Middle East.
See all Careers and Jobs at NMDC