- Experience Needed:
- More than 15 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Males Only
About the Job
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our team and support the day-to-day operations for MEP and Maintenance projects.
As a skilled MEP Operations Manager the right candidate will supervise the operation of the Company projects and activities in the various departments; support/assist the business development activities as well as execution of ongoing MEP and Maintenance projects to ensure their completion on schedule, within budget, in accordance with contractual obligations and accepted company standards.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership and direction to the projects management and technical office staff. This includes: determination and/or approval of organization and staffing; selection, development and assignment of immediate subordinates; delegation of authority; work assignment and definition of areas of responsibilities; and determination and/or approval of compensation for subordinates.
- Assist the CEO in developing and overseeing the long term business strategies of the Company
- Assist the CEO in overseeing the Company’s achievement and maintenance of a satisfactory competitive position within its industry
- Keep the CEO fully informed in a timely and candid manner of the conduct of the day-today operations of the Company towards the achievement of its established goals and of all material deviations from the goals or objectives and policies established by the Board;
- With respect to operational matters, ensure communications, resolution of issues and project development
- Monitors the operation and progress of all operating projects and reports on their status to the CEO.
- Gives particular attention to automated reporting affecting expected overruns or schedule delays as soon as these become apparent, and makes every effort to rectify them.
- Monitors and assists the Department Managers in projects financial aspects to maintain or improve margin/cost ratios of projects, advise on scope change settlements, variation orders and claims, cash flow projections and follow-up projects budget costs.
- Oversees all management of projects from proposal acceptance through to project closure.
- Guides the implementation of the company procedures for estimating, cost and schedule control, guides and application methods of company operations. Evaluates the effectiveness of project management control methods, techniques and procedures. Proposes/approves changes, additions and/or modification as necessary.
- Provide the necessary technical and contractual support to the business development staff to formulate scope of services and manpower analysis required for the proposals.
- Manages the planning of the projects management activities, to fulfill its objectives, and contract obligations and assure efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effectiveness of resources.
- Assists the Business Development during contracts negotiations, as well as in the preparation of the contract documents and analyzing contractual obligations.
- Advises and assists the CEO in the formulation of the company policies and objectives in his area of responsibility, so as to enhance the business, earnings, capabilities and overall image of the Company.
- Fosters and maintains good relations with present and potential customers, professional organizations, and other individuals that may influence the business activities of the Company.
- Ensure the development of health and safety practices for the Company and oversee compliance with those practices
- Responsible for the training and development of employees under his direction in order to increase their proficiency in satisfying current job requirements, and enhance their potential for advancement to more responsible positions.
- MEP Projects Manager
- Maintenance Projects Manager
- Planning & Technical Office Manager
- Contacts are with all levels of the company, clients, national government officials, vendors, and financial and professional groups.
- Contacts require the ability to exercise a high degree of interpersonal skills to influence persons at all levels.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is generally confined to a standard office environment, but may require travel between multiple locations as needed.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays. Work may also be out of the main corporate facilities.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Academic qualifications: Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Member of professional body/bodies in Egypt and/or elsewhere
- Diplomas, MSC, PHD in engineering, contract administration and management are recommended.
- 15 + years of MEP operations management experience
- at least, 10 years in a managerial and executive capacity.
- A minimum of 20 years’ progressive experience in all phases of major engineering, design and construction .
KEY COMPETENCIES (REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Adequate knowledge of planning, budget control, codes, laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of the principles of project coordination/management, organization and administration.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Skill in assessing workload to establish priorities.
- Ability to motivate staff through proper direction and counseling.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to manage various issues and information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Males Only
- Max Age 45 years
NOTE : KINDLY ANSWER THE 5 QUESTIONS .. IT'LL HELP US IN SELECTION
About this Company
"Alhamd Contracting Company" is one of the leading Electromechanical Contracting companies, serving the Egyptian Market since 1989. Alhamd is specialized in HVAC, Firefighting & Fire Alarm Contracting projects with long list of projects executed in Egypt. As well Alhamd is...
See all Careers and Jobs at Alhamd Contracting Company