- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Wedge Networks (headquartered in Calgary, Canada) is looking for dedicated, innovative and passionate leaders in our international office in Egypt.
- Our employees think outside the box, to design, market and sell industry-changing network security solutions.
- We stand behind our products and are continually looking at innovative ways to grow our International Brand.
- If you’d like to be a part of this team, we’d like to talk to you.
- We are seeking candidates to fill several NodeJS developer positions on our research and development team, developing software for our network based, high performance, content security solution in its office in Egypt.
The full-stack developers will members of the team responsible for software systems development and the complete product life cycle support: customer support, bug fixes, road-map implementations.
The full-stack developer responsibilities include designing and implementing both back-end and front-end web applications, bug fixes and customer support for any issues/bugs.
The right candidate is expected to:
- Participate in designing and implementing high quality, responsive applications
- Develop new features in the road-map
- Follow scrum software development methodology
- Conduct code reviews for other team members
- Write and maintain unit tests
- Collaborate with the team members and stake holders
- Customer support to fix any issues/bugs
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A university degree or equivalent in the field of computer engineering or a related field
- 3+ years' experience developing commercial grade software
- A proven tracked record of implementing high-quality code
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Familiarity and proven experience with Linux working environment
- Advanced understanding of backend languages (Python, Java)
- Knowledge of RESTful API design.
- Experience developing software with structured and non-structured database
- Familiarity with the Mocha testing framework
- Advanced scripting skills with bash/python
- Familiarity with svn or other version control systems
- Knowledge of SCRUM software development methodologies and processes
- Excellent English and communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with visualization libraries like D3
- Good Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
About this Company
Wedge Networks is revolutionizing real-time network security with cutting edge innovation, performance, and scale. Embracing global innovation, Wedge's Cloud Network Defense (WedgeCND) and Absolute Real-Time Protection (WedgeARP) Series of products integrate and...
See all Careers and Jobs at Wedge Networks Inc.