- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Senior Management (e.g. VP, CEO)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Receives PRs from the showrooms and design center teams and places the orders with the designated suppliers for the product within 2 working days from receiving the PR. Ensures all technical information is clearly communicated to the supplier.
- Ensures supplier has started on the ordered product within the necessary lead time and visits supplier to run quality control checks in periodic intervals e.g. after 3 weeks for woodwork; after 6 weeks for staining; and after 6 weeks for upholstery.
- Manages suppliers and relationships. Continuously looks for ways to strengthen and simplify our relationships with key suppliers.
- Manages all information and systems related to products ordered in accordance with company policy.
- Continuously evaluates suppliers strengths and weaknesses and evaluates needs for alternatives.
- Collaborates with other departments (design center and showrooms) to be more efficient in delivering products within order deadlines. Communicates in a timely manner, answering any emails from other departments within 24 hours.
- Works with team to set quality standards, and monitors and manages quality and QA systems.
- Maintains monthly forward looking reports for all orders (i.e. pipeline report) to check in an organized way and avoid any unnecessary surprises. Manages suppliers to deliver against deadlines updates COO or other responsible in a timely way in case of any delays.
- Creates technical drawings for new products.
- Tracks prototype development and conversion of prototypes into products
- Supervises the assembly of products as necessary.
More than 10 years
Not Specified at least
Business Services - Other Furniture
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related technical discipline·
- Experience in product development and strong Autocad skills·
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to handle suppliers and difficult situations·
- Good supervision background·
- Negotiation and supplier management skills·
- Good standard of Written and Spoken English
About this Company
Eklego Design is an award-winning Cairo-based architecture, interior, and furniture design firm established in 2000 by Hedayat Islam and Dina El Khachab. Over the past 15 years, the firm has rapidly grown from a staff of three, to a team of over 40 employees, including 20...
See all Careers and Jobs at Eklego Design