- Experience Needed:
- 2 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Prior to Construction:
- Ensures all designs and drawings are based on REAL site dimensions (this could include involvement prior to the start of a project.
- Be part of the post design process to make sure that ALL the information needed is within the final design package and is accurate and has been communicated to the contractors in a way that allows the contractor to provide an accurate budget (within 10-15% of the actual paid price)
- The above includes understanding the time goals of the project and ensures that all the specified materials are ordered at the right time in order to avoid delays in the project or are switched in order to accommodate the timing and budget of the project.
- Acts as a technical advisor on the construction site for sub-contractors, crafts people and operatives.
- Ensuring all the materials used by the contractor are as per specifications or equivalent.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of all materials, and ensuring that they are applied in a fashion true to the design.
- In the case where changes to the design need to be made due to things that arose on site, either change it in a way that is true to the intention of the design or communicate back with Design team.
- manage the changes to the design with the client, designer and contractor, through the proper processes (change orders, changes to budget, etc)
- Liaising with any consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project in order to convey the design work.
- Communicating with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
- Day to day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of the subcontractors.
- Reviewing shop-drawings, approving samples and visiting factories and workshops in order to track the process of the work and to ensure its quality.
- Preparing reports and ensuring all the files and paperwork for the project are in order
- Ensuring proper deficiency lists and their completion
- Ensuring all extra quantities for the materials have been properly recorded and a written report has been signed by the client
- Ensuring the Client has all the proper operations manuals for everything in the project
- Be part of Reviewing the final invoices of the contractor and ensures proper handover to the client.
2 to 5 years
Not Specified at least
Architectural and Design Services
About this Company
Eklego Design is an award-winning Cairo-based architecture, interior, and furniture design firm established in 2000 by Hedayat Islam and Dina El Khachab. Over the past 15 years, the firm has rapidly grown from a staff of three, to a team of over 40 employees, including 20...
See all Careers and Jobs at Eklego Design