- Experience Needed:
- 1 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Reading original material and rewriting it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained.
- Using Translation Memory software, such as Wordfast, memoQ, across, SDL Trados and Transit NXT, to ensure consistency of translation within documents and help efficiency.
- Using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used;
- Researching legal, technical and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation;
- Liaising with clients to discuss any unclear points;
- Proofreading and editing final translated versions;
- Providing clients with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text, in the form which the client requests (word, pdf, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Using the Internet as research tool throughout the translation process;
- Prioritizing work to meet deadlines;
- Consulting with experts in specialist areas;
- Supplying subtitles for foreign films and television programs;
- Retaining and developing knowledge on specialist areas of translation;
- Following various translation-quality standards to ensure legal and ethical obligations to the customer;
- Collaborating with colleagues by asking and sharing knowledge with the aim to reach the best translation results and help building a professional team.
1 to 3 years
Not Specified at least
Translation and Localization
You need to show evidence of the following:
- Fluency in two or more languages; (Preferably English & Arabic)
- A good understanding and in-depth knowledge of language / country-specific cultures.
- Excellent writing skills and command of grammar.
- Attention to details combined with the ability to work quickly to meet deadlines.
- You should expect to work to a minimum daily output of 2,000 words.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to use initiative in a commercial context.
- Proficiency in the use of a range of computer packages
- Knowledge of translation-oriented applications and software is helpful, though not essential.
- Openness to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Constant eagerness to acquire new knowledge.
- The ability to work under intense concentration and pressure to submit translations to deadline.
About this Company
db Group is a joint stock multisector business support corporation providing creative solutions for IT Development™, Multilingual Content™, PR & Events™, Business Advisory™ and Media Excellence™.
See all Careers and Jobs at db Group
db Group has been founded to provide a wide range of integrated...