- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Overview of Quality Management Section:
- Ensure all completed development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, and issue tracking.
- Ensure development deliverables meet documented requirements, use cases and minimum usability standards.
- Track and report on product issues and readiness.
- Company Quality Assurance (Audit Role)
- Perform audits of ITG’s departments’ adherence to QCPs.
- Report variances to management.
- Make recommendations for remediation.
General Statement of Duties:
A Senior QA Engineer ensures ITG’s portfolio of software products meet the established standards of quality including functionality, reliability, usability, and performance by designing, developing and executing test plans and procedures; adheres to department and company policies and procedures; contributes to the growth and enhancement of the Quality Assurance department; proactively supports the success of ITG products by ensuring adherence to specifications and pre-established guidelines; provides subject matter, business-process expertise and technical leadership; leads software testing tasks / projects to successful completion.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure quality compliance of individual project deliverables.
- Develop and review test requirements, test plans, test matrices, and test suites for ITG Software products.
- Develop and execute manual and automated test cases to increase regression coverage as well as new functionality testing.
- Identify conditions where a software system could fail and build test scenarios.
- Work closely with development teams to triage and isolate problem areas in multiple applications.
- Document and/or review testing results working closely with Developers and Professional Services colleagues to resolve reported issues.
- Provide subject matter, business-process expertise and technical leadership in the resolution of bugs and design issues.
- Make recommendations to enhance product usability and increase value to end-users.
- Identify and report software defects to development teams via the bug tracking system.
- Participate in the Agile project flow providing feedback in all areas, paying close attention to high-risk areas and communicating testing concerns; adhere to team priorities and work well in an integrated developer/tester environment.
- Become a subject matter expert on existing and new features ensuring they can be fully and thoroughly tested; review logs for troubleshooting and create new and update existing test cases.
- Ensure High Quality in all deliverables: software, test cases, bug cases, automation plans, and documented results.
- Coach and develop team members to increase the team’s bench strength and flexibility.
- Prioritize and organize testing tasks in order to contribute to meeting project and product deployment goals on-time and on budget.
- Understand and evaluate new testing techniques and technologies, develop skills in new technologies.
- Complete special projects and assignments as assigned.
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
- Knowledge and application of structured testing concepts, methodologies, and tools.
- Hands on experience working in teams that utilize Software Development Lifecycles.
- Experience building effective tests targeting multiple application layers (db, app, gui, api).
- Experience working in Agile Development environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English / Arabic).
- Team-player that is positive, proactive and a motivated self-starter.
- Excellent leadership, team building and relationship management skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge and experience with build and release management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to follow and execute instructions.
- Experience in eLearning applications.
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Document Management (DMS) systems.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of Quality Assurance / Software Testing or other relevant IT Support work experience.
About this Company
Integrated Technology Group (ITG) is a dynamic, innovative, and technology driven group of companies.
See all Careers and Jobs at Integrated Technology Group
Established in Jordan in 1989, ITG operates through three subsidiaries; EPOCH Technologies, JAID Productions and ITG Investments.