- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Negotiable, Medical - Social Insurance - Life insurance
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Compliance Officer
Department: HEI Public University Scholarship Program, AMIDEAST/Egypt
Immediate Supervisor: Project Director
Location: Cairo, Egypt
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Compliance Senior Officer (M&E/C Senior Officer) is responsible for coordinating the development of a performance management plan for the project, including performance monitoring criteria, overseeing all M&E activities for the project, and monitoring compliance with grant regulations. The M&E/C Officer will also coordinate closely with project staff to ensure that all are accountable for achieving their objectives and for defining and collecting accurate data and indicators to ensure the measurable success of the program and accurate reporting. The M&E/C Officer will participate in project planning and strategy sessions with the Project Director and provide feedback to the Project Director to inform any required revisions in program design or implementation. The M&E/C Officer will also monitor compliance with USAID regulations and AMIDEAST policy and procedures, in coordination with the Project Director. The M&E/C Senior Officer will also serve as the back-up for the Project Director.
- Design and manage the annual M&E plan and processes for regular and consistent monitoring and evaluation of all program activities
- Monitor progress and measure the effectiveness of its activities against the proposed process indicators
- Design, develop, and manage hard and electronic record keeping and documentation systems for all technical activities and data
- Work closely with USAID and key program stakeholders to measure achievement against the proposed output indicators
- Ensure that all necessary data is collected as scheduled from all project locations to accurately report on project progress against indicators and within deadlines;
- Design surveys and data collection tools, and project management tools
- Coordinate with student officers to administer surveys and collect required data through their regular activities
- Conduct regular reviews of data collection processes and data quality and adjust processes as needed;
- Share M&E results as necessary to inform project implementation with all project stakeholders, including the Director, university partners, and donors;
- Collect complete data and documentation on project activities, as outlined in the work plan, from Student Officers for quarterly reporting
- Coordinate preparation and production of all required reports (M&E and narrative—monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual, and other as requested) and submit to Director for review and submission to USAID;
- Occasionally visit project sites to collect data, advise project implementers and partners on M&E activities, and ensure that all project activities are being monitored properly.
- Support Project Director in planning efforts and strategy discussions
- Supervise the Administrative Assistant
- Facilitate the submission and processing of all program administrative requirements, such as travel advances, leave requests, scheduling, and so on
- Ensure compliance with USAID ADS 252 and 253 for study abroad and training programs, serving as an R2 responsible officer in Trainet.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited, well-recognized university in a relevant field such as statistics, economics, international development, or education;
- Minimum of 5 years of monitoring and evaluation experience on development and assistance projects
- Strong managerial and supervisory skills, with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated M&E and performance management skills including selection of indicators and targets and development of performance monitoring plans
- Strong skills in data collection (developing and managing data collection tools) and analysis and understanding of various methodologies
- Strong writing skills
- Fluent in English and Arabic, with exceptional written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Egyptian citizenship
- Master’s degree from an accredited, well-renowned university in a relevant field such as statistics, economics, international development, or education;
- Experience working on USAID projects focused on education or training;
- Experience conducting M&E activities and reports for U.S. government donors
- Experience in training others in M&E
- Demonstrated competence in MS Project
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The HEI Public University Scholarship Program will provide underserved students from across Egypt with high quality undergraduate education in Egypt, and the skills and knowledge to participate actively and responsibly in their communities and contribute to the economic development of the country. Sponsored by the U.S. Government, in partnership with the Government of Egypt, the HEI scholarship is part of the U.S. –Egypt Higher Education Initiative.
The U.S. –Egypt Higher Education Initiative (HEI) is an investment in Egypt’s future that provides educational opportunities for high-achieving Egyptians to learn skills that will better meet the needs of the 21st century economy. This U.S. Government Initiative provides scholarships for talented young Egyptians—women and men from underserved communities in rural and urban areas—to Egyptian and American universities in fields that will help them reach their aspirations and contribute to Egypt’s economic prosperity.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the incumbent will perform other reasonable business-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other managers when necessary. AMIDEAST reserves the right to change duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About this Company
AMIDEAST is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
See all Careers and Jobs at Amideast
Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST in its early years focused on promoting U.S. study to students in the MENA...