- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Negotiable, Full accommodation & two ways tickets
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
A skilled rotating equipment engineer with experience in design, maintenance, reliability, and troubleshooting of equipment and plant in the ‘Oil Refining and Petrochemical Industries’.
- Provide technical support for equipment and plant troubleshooting in order to minimize plant downtime and increase plant reliability "This is based on sound knowledge of rotating equipment including pumps, compressors, fans, extruders, decanters, turbines and their auxiliary systems including Mechanical Seals, Dry Gas seals, anti-surge and Lube oil systems"
- Provide technical assistance to maintenance and operations departments on a day-to-day basis as required ·
- Monitor Reliability programs including, but not limited to, RCM, PM, and PdM.
- Lead or participate in investigations resulting from equipment and/or process related failures or deficiencies.
- Prepare technical reports on studies and investigations, this to include identification of actionable items. ·
- Review Engineering procedures, develop and implement training to ensure full understanding of the procedure. ·
- Review ‘Technical’ packages, including Project Design Packages for new or upgraded equipment to ensure compliance with International codes and standards ·
- Participate in FAT, SAT and commissioning of new plant and equipment ·
- Analyze data obtained from ‘Condition Monitoring ‘ programs and recommend appropriate action ·
- Review "Trip and Trouble Reports’ and provide technical comments in a timely manner ·
- Participate in "Management of Change’ reviews associated with rotating equipment ·
- Develop scopes of works for a major overhaul of critical equipment. Verify that the required spares are available ·
- Participate in site acceptance tests of equipment being returned to service ·
- Provide technical justification for material or design change for equipment or plant that will result in improved performance ·
- Make arrangements for external specialists to assist in the solution of rotating equipment problems when necessary
- Mentor and assist in the development of recent graduates and technicians
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable university
- Knowledge of relevant International Codes and Standards and applicable Mechanical Engineering practices
- Minimum of 10 years working experience, which include at least 8 years of ‘hands on’ plant experience in rotating equipment technical support, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of ‘Process Plants’, Operations, Maintenance and Engineering practices in a refinery and/or petrochemical plant
- Good analytical and report writing skill
- Familiar with Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode, Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) using current technology and methodologies.
The following Certification are considered to be an asset but are not mandatory:
About this Company
With our headquarters in Cairo, Tawzef is a centrally-located human resource consulting firm. We provide our clients with management solutions, tailored to suit your company’s specific staffing needs. Tawzef knows what employers look for in their employees as well as what it...
See all Careers and Jobs at Tawzef