- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, Social/ Medical Insurance, and Transportation
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
- Fulfill teacher practical requisitions for apparatus and chemicals – a minimum of 48 hours notice to be given by teaching staff.
- Check chemicals and equipment before the lesson – particularly apparatus to ensure that the equipment is working.
- The technician should be familiar with the experiment in order to anticipate any problems which might arise, particularly safety, and inform the teacher in advance..
- In the preparation of experiments which involve chemicals the technician should refer to the CLEAPS Safety Cards for advised precautions.
- Technicians should be available at the start of the practical lessons to ensure that no problems have arisen during the initial setup.
- Technicians should also be available ten minutes before the end of the practical lesson to aid the teacher with the safe disposal of apparatus and chemicals.
- Check chemicals and apparatus after the lessons and inform the teaching staff of any problems such as items missing or broken.
- Practical Examinations and Coursework – ensure in good time that the equipment and chemicals needed are in stock or ordered in good time for setting up and testing experiments in advance.
- Assist teaching staff in supervision and assessment of practical examinations and coursework.
- Carry out daily routine maintenance of equipment to ensure that all equipment is working correctly and carry out repairs as necessary.
- Ensure that the laboratories are kept well stocked with basic working equipment and that they are cleaned and tidied on a daily basis.
- Daily check the laboratories for graffiti and report incidents immediately to the Head of Science.
- Routinely, daily, weekly and monthly, carry out stock checks to ensure a full complement of equipment and chemicals.
- Order equipment and chemicals from local suppliers as necessary by discussing with the Head of Science.
- For each subject area Chemistry, Physics and Biology, produced and update a room by room, cupboard by cupboard list of all available equipment and chemicals.
- Label and sort equipment storage cupboards in the laboratories and ensure full sets of apparatuses are available for student use.
- Carry out an annual stock check in March/April in preparation for the main UK supply order.
- Assist Head of Department in compiling and pricing annual order.
- Be responsible for purchasing small items using petty cash obtained by Head of Science from school funds.
More than 3 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
About this Company
Part of the International House Worldwide Organization (IHWO); a truly global school with
See all Careers and Jobs at El Alsson British & American International School
150 branches in 52 countries worldwide. Our School was established in 1975, we are an
official IHWO language school. Since opening IH Cairo's doors in 1975, we have had...