- Experience Needed:
- 15 to 20 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Description of key result areas of the department
- To ensure that NMDC’s position is protected through an in-depth understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to contracts.
- To ensure the achievement of NMDC’s projects commercial objectives
Description of activities and key responsibilities of the function
- Ensure that commercial resources are adequate for the successful delivery of the project
- Demonstrate a high level of commercial and technical knowledge and work as part of the project team.
- Maintain and manage project risk register to ensure early identification of risks and ensure that contingencies are in place to manage and minimize the risks.
- Implement and comply fully with NMDC Commercial Procedures at the site level.
- Ensure the maximizing of cash flow through the timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Ensure that project teams have a good commercial understanding and focus, giving the appropriate motivation and leading by personal example.
- Manage the timely procurement of subcontractors.
- Manage the prompt preparation of variations, claims and disputes.
- Promote knowledge sharing and learning and develop a team who are able to think outside the box.
15 to 20 years
Not Specified at least
Marine Manufacturing & Services
Educational Qualifications & Certifications
- Bachelors and or Masters in Construction related degree or Diploma and relevant experience.
- Attainment of Professional qualification RICS, CIOB, ICES or similar.
- Act as a role model in the division.
- Be able to manage personnel with different cultural backgrounds.
- Motivate and inspire colleagues to develop knowledge, skills and competencies. Provide objective and constructive feedback in an appropirate way.
- Take ownership of own objectives agreed upon and of the objectives of the division.
- Investigate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external stakeholders. Build and maintain strategically important client and contractor relations.
- Proactively serve and constructively responds to external client needs in order to meet business priorities.
- Initiate and stimulate teaming: horizontal (between departments) and vertical (within the department) cooperation in the organization.
- Show respect, flexibility and loyalty towards colleagues throughout the organization.
- Collaborate constructively and effectively with all levels within and outside the organization orally and in writing. Actively listen and be presuasive in reasoning.
- Communicate clearly and succincity orally and in writing. Adapt oral and written communication style to the audience.
- Manage conflicts, solve problems and mediate between different interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Be able to identify and mitigate risks within the scope of the division and related to other division/department interfaces.
- Management of Staff
- Negotiation Skills
Industry related experience
- Marine Construction
- Civil Infrastructure Construction
Years of experience
Excellent communication / Language skills
- Required: English
- Arabic and any other language is an asset.
- Microsoft Office
- Oracle ERP
- Innovation, problem-solving, analytical thinking, management of staff, negotiation.
- Passing Physical fitness from Abu Dhabi Health Services Co. SEHA, is mandatory. Physical examinations and investigations tests (ADMA), will be required before working at offshore Oil and Gas Projects
About this Company
The National Marine Dredging Company is one of the leading companies providing Dredging, Reclamation, and Marine construction projects in the Middle East.
See all Careers and Jobs at NMDC