- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The APM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility complex projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- Responsible for managing several concurrent projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
- At an enterprise level, leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams.
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team.
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports and action items; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; drafting vendor delivery policies; monitoring the budget and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- As a Scrum Master, guard/manage the scrum principles/implementation including backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition. Helping customers and stakeholders to understand and enact Scrum product development.
- Managing/aligning all project stakeholders (customer, vendors/suppliers, departments/employees) and maintaining relationships with them.
- Team Management
- Ensuring that all team members understand the scope of the project as well as what they are individually responsible for.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work, and mentoring and developing team members.
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Process Management and Improvement
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management. Utilize project data to make future projects more productive and cost-efficient. Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
About this Company
Advansys for Engineering Services and Consulting (ESC) Advansys ESC is a sister company of Advansys Technology, established in 2014 to operate in various industrial automation business lines through its offices in Egypt, USA and UK. The launch of the company supports the...
See all Careers and Jobs at Advansys ESC