- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The mission of the position:
- The National Sponsorship Coordinator is the main point of contact with international sponsors and donors in the national association.
- He/she guides a network of sponsorship co-workers at programme level, develops annual plans and follows up on them.
- His/her customer-oriented approach, combined with his/her inspiring and professional reporting towards sponsors, plays an important role in sponsor retention and loyalty.
- On-going quality monitoring, the implementation of international plans and projects as well as the expansion towards a stewardship approach to our donors are a key success factor for donor services worldwide.
Key performance areas:
- Timeously, accurately communicates with international sponsors and is their main point of contact
- Trains and guides a team of sponsorship co-workers at programme level
- Key user of sponsorship software
- Designs messages directed at sponsors and donors and writes exciting, honest and inspiring messages for them
- Acts as intermediary between sponsors and children or programmes to safeguard the respective rights and interest of both groups
- Oversees, organises and manages sponsorship work in the country and assures/monitors quality
- Implements and follows up on international project aimed towards increasing the level of service quality and stewardship towards sponsors
- Builds, trains and guides a team of sponsorship co-workers at programme level
- Trains and guides other staff involved in sponsorship activities
- Quality assurance of data of sponsored children and youth in the sponsorship database
- Ensures that messaging complies with SOS Children’s Villages brand guidelines
- Ensures child protection issues remain key in all actions and decisions.
- Ensures adherence to globally valid manuals and guidelines on sponsorship (international and local).
3 to 5 years
Not Specified at least
- BA in Business Administration, Communication, or Fundraising.
- 3-5 years verified experience in administration, customer service or donor relations is required.
Knowledge specific to the position:
- Has excellent written and spoken Arabic/English.
- Has excellent computer literacy.
Skills (Key technical skills required):
- Possesses excellent organisational skills
- Likes working in an international setting and with customers from varying cultural backgrounds
- Is a good communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has an interest in child protection topics
- Is able to represent the area of sponsorship services within the national association
- Can design and create innovative, inspiring messages for sponsors and donors
- Has an eye for design and layout
- Is able to convey complex issues in written communication with donors (optional: experience in emergency/crisis communication)
- Likes working with or within a team and virtual team
- Is able to build, guide and plan with a team of sponsorship co-workers at programme level
- Has the ability to build and maintain structures and networks
- Is able to design, organise and hold workshops to implement global guidelines and requirements
- Drive for results
- Encourages others to improve performance.
- Is result-oriented and self-reflective, determined, innovative and pro-active
- Displays determination and tenacity when encountering obstacles and persists in overcoming them.
- Sensitive to deadlines.
Courage & Confidence
- Takes responsibility for the decision regarding sponsorship
- Shows social competence and is an excellent networker
Delivery and continuous Improvement focus
- Ensures Business objectives are integrated into the day to day management of the fund-raising pro grammes.
- Regularly monitors performance against milestones and standards and takes swift action to deal with variances.
- Holds team accountable for the consequences of their actions and decisions.
About this Company
SOS Children’s Villages helps 550,000 children to grow up in a loving family.Currently, SOS Children´s Villages is active in 136 countries and territories to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home.
See all Careers and Jobs at SOS children`s village
Every co-worker, associate, and partner has...