Educational Qualifications & Certifications
- Higher Secondary or Diploma or equivalent professional qualification and experience;
- Personal Survival & Fire Fighting & First Aid Qualification (Basic Safety Training Certificates)STCW
- Behavioral skills Relevant profile experience
- Be able to manage personnel with different cultural backgrounds
- Motivate and inspire colleagues to develop knowledge,
- Skills and competencies. Provide objective and constructive feedback in an appropriate way.
- Be able to translate department targets into concrete and
- Measurable goals for the division for a timely achievement of goals.
- Take ownership of own objectives agreed upon and of the objectives of the division.
- Investigate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external stakeholders. Build and maintain
- Strategically important client and contractor relations.
- Proactively serve and constructively respond to external
- Client needs in order to meet business priorities.
- Initiate and stimulate teaming: horizontal (between departments) and vertical (within the different departments) cooperation in the organization.
- Show respect, flexibility and loyalty towards colleagues throughout the organization.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly orally and in writing.
- Adapt oral and written communication style to the audience.
- Manage conflict, solve problems and mediate between different interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Be able to identify and mitigate risks within the scope of the division and related to other divisions/ department interfaces.
- Function specific experience
- Understanding building codes, safety guidelines and regulations
- Addressing safety and other worksite concerns and issues
- Industry related experience Dredging.
- Marine construction
- Years of experience
- 6-7 years of relevant experience.
- Core Competence:
- Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works safely and efficiently
- Role Specific/Technical Competencies:
- Ability to read, understand, and follows safety procedures
- Knowledge of Loading / unloading and other heavy equipment
- Ability to travel to various job sites as required.
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills
- English & Arabic and any other language is an asset.
- IT skills
- MS Office - knowledge preferred
- Accuracy & Self Reliant
- Flexibility: being longer periods of time on duty.
About this Company
The National Marine Dredging Company is one of the leading companies providing Dredging, Reclamation, and Marine construction projects in the Middle East.
See all Careers and Jobs at NMDC