- Experience Needed:
- 2 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
The Database Developer is responsible for:
- Providing technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
- It is extremely important to the company that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
- The DBA is challenged to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives.
- Trains and develops technical support and applications staff to better utilize on-line processing databases environment.
- Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the database and transaction processing environment.
- Works to provide a working model of our transaction processing environment for capacity assessment and planning.
- Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Develops a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
- Provides leadership during the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications. Work with the transaction processing area to develop both the physical and the logical database administration functions and assists in the development of our processing database and computing environments.
- Work with others in IT to build the logical database area and provide technical guidance during all phases of the development process.
- Work with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
- Creating code for database modification, database warehousing, construct and access using stored procedures, triggers, and functions.
- Developing ETL processes using (SSIS)
- Developing both internal and external reports using industry standard tools (Tableau, SSRS, Excel).
- Migrating applications from development to testing then production
- Creating, modifying, documenting and enhancing data specifications including identifying and mapping data elements from source systems into the dimensional data warehouse - Translate requirements into technical specifications.
- Provide consulting services and technical support for database creation, modification, testing, administration, monitoring, tuning, backup, and recovery.
About this Company
Global Consulting Services and Software Development (GCSSD) is a privately-owned fast growing company that is head-quartered in Irvine, California. A few years after the company was founded in the US, the owners decided to open a development branch in Cairo, Egypt.
See all Careers and Jobs at GCSSD