- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 10 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Our client the Australian Embassy in Cairo is looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to work as the Embassy’s Political and Economic Policy Research Officer, reporting to the Deputy Head of Mission.
- The successful candidate will have well developed analytical skills and a background in preparing high quality research papers on Egypt and regional political and economic developments.
- They will have excellent interpersonal and networking skills and demonstrated fluency in Arabic and English (written and oral).
- The successful candidate will also provide backup support to the Embassy’s Translator as required.
- Recruitment decisions are made on the basis of merit and the Australian Embassy does not discriminate against applicants on the grounds of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion or disability.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor, analyse and prepare high quality targeted reporting on political, economic and trade developments in Egypt, Sudan and Eritrea relevant to Australia’s interests and make recommendations on specialised and complex topics
- Prepare briefing and speeches
- Act as key point of contact and provide support to non-resident accredited Embassy staff, including managing key relationships with the Ministry of Agriculture; General Organisation of Veterinary Science, Egyptian Armed Forces, and other stakeholders
- Monitor local and international press for articles relating to political, economic, trade, security and regional developments including, reviewing and advising on commercial daily media summary services
- Monitor the media and publications and advise Embassy staff of forthcoming conferences, seminars, speakers and other events of interest to the section
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with useful political and economic commentators in the Egypt, Sudan and Eritrea and in other embassies; think tanks and private sector
- Represent the Embassy at official events and meetings
- Manage official visits and meetings, including program coordination and logistical arrangements
- Maintain and update the Embassy’s database of official biographies
- Identify and implement innovations to improve effectiveness and efficiency of relevant activities
- Assist the Public Diplomacy Officer with event management of public diplomacy functions
- Provide back-up support to the Embassy’s translator.
- Tertiary qualifications in international relations/politics, economics, trade, or other relevant fields
- Demonstrated ability to conduct high-level research, analysis and reporting
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) in both English and Arabic
- Demonstrated strong English-Arabic/Arabic-English interpretation and translation skills
- Demonstrated good understanding and strong knowledge of the Egyptian political and bureaucratic systems
- Demonstrated understanding or willingness to learn the Australian Government foreign and trade policy priorities
- Proven ability to utilize traditional and social media to achieve work outcomes
- Sound judgement, high-level of initiative and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and multi-cultural work environment.
Submitting an Application:
Please address the above selection criteria, in no more than 1250 words, and in English, when applying for this position.
Late applications and those which do not specifically and separately address each of the selection criterion WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
About this Company
The company was founded in 1997 as Pauline D’Arcy HR & Recruitment Consulting being one of the first executive search firms in Egypt. After a 10 year period of growing renown for professional recruitment standards, the company joined AIMS International as Egypt’s local partner...
See all Careers and Jobs at AIMS International Egypt