- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Description of key result areas of department
- To assist in and assure accurate and timely end-to-end survey support on dredging and reclamation projects according to professional, international standards.
- Focus on NMDC's business priorities while meeting customer demands.
- Independently manage the survey team on small to medium projects.
- Provide a high degree of technical survey knowledge and expertise for all survey aspects of the Survey Department and projects.
- implements policies and procedures for effective and efficient functioning of the project survey team on site.
- Is responsible for the running of the project survey team (mobilisation, execution, deliverables and project close out).
- Is responsible for the quality control and quality assurance of survey data, Field checks, calibrations and survey results
- Oversees the (survey) staffing of the project and advises the Area Survey Manager and Project Manager regarding personnel requirements or improvements.
- Support, advise and facilitate the Site Project Team in survey and operational matters.
- Reports all survey activities via the Weekly Survey Report to the Project Manager and Survey Department (Personnel, Equipment, Activities, Planning).
- Provides the Site Team with the required project progress information on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. The progress is presented in volume sheets, drawings and/or cross-sections.
- Assist pro-actively in gathering data for the knowledge database (lessons learned, installation procedures) to support and improve the survey operations.
- Takes active steps in the preparation, standardisation and maintenance of the Survey Guidelines and Procedures..
- Safety is a part of each employee’s job, active participation to the safety program is a condition of each employee’s employment in order to achieve safer working environment.
- Responsible for the Installation and troubleshooting of survey equipment, hardware and software
- Ensure that the HSE requirements are observed in the execution of all survey activities, Provide guidelines to the Surveyors on the projects on QA/QC and HSE reports/recommendations.
This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you will be ask to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Marine Manufacturing & Services
Educational Qualifications & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hydrographic, Land or Engineering Survey or equivalent professional qualification
- Certification / Membership:Additional certifications and affiliations in Survey would be beneficial
- Driver’s License
Function specific experience: Management Experience or equivalent combination of Trainings and experience.
Industry related experience: Marine construction
Years of experience: 5+ years.
Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills
- Required: English
- Arabic and any other language is an asset.
- MS Office
- Accuracy & Self Reliant
- Flexibility: being longer periods of time on duty
- Passing physical fitness from AD Health Service Co. SEHA is mandatory. Physical examinations and investigation test (ADMA) will be required before working at offshore Oil and Gas projects.
About this Company
The National Marine Dredging Company is one of the leading companies providing Dredging, Reclamation, and Marine construction projects in the Middle East.
See all Careers and Jobs at NMDC