- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 4 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Senior Learning And Development Specialists help plan, conduct, and administer programs that train employees and improve their skills and knowledge.
- Keep up with developments in area of expertise by reading current journals, books and magazine articles.
- Present information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
- Schedule classes based on availability of classrooms, equipment, and instructors.
- Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Monitor, evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness.
- Attend meetings and seminars to obtain information for use in training programs, or to inform management of training program status.
- Coordinate recruitment and placement of training program participants.
- Evaluate training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, and handouts.
- Develop alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, and/or consultation with managers, instructors or customer representatives.
- Select and assign instructors to conduct training.
- Devise programs to develop executive potential among employees in lower-level positions.
- Design, plan, organize and direct orientation and training for employees or customers of industrial or commercial establishment.
- Negotiate contracts with clients, including desired training outcomes, fees and expenses.
- Supervise instructors, evaluate instructor performance, and refer instructors to classes for skill development.
- Monitor training costs to ensure budget is not exceeded, and prepare budget reports to justify expenditures.
- Refer trainees to employer relations representatives, to locations offering job placement assistance, or to appropriate social services agencies if warranted.
About this Company
MSA University is a natural extension of an extensive network of Dar El Tarbiah and has Languages Schools, founded by Dr. Nawal El Degwi since 1958 which has always been acknowledged by the British Council for its contribution establishing models of best practice in IGCSE...
See all Careers and Jobs at (MSA) October University