- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, 2% Annual Increase+ Transportation allowance+ Health Insurance
About the Job
PURPOSE OF THE POST
Carry out all activities providing social support to patients according to MSF principles and protocols in order to ease the patient’s social situation and to maximize their adherence to treatment and to improve their psychosocial and medical conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SOCIAL WORKER:
- Conduct full social assessment to the patients to identify their social needs and vulnerabilities;
- Set up social action plans for them and conduct case management;
- Refer case actively to the competent organization to obtain their needed services;
- Identify and assess urgent or emergency social cases;
- Act as focal person with partners who would refer patients to MSF clinic and act as focal person for our patients with the actors who would need to be referred out to obtain social and medical services;
- Document the patient’s social situations, referrals and action plan evolution of each patient based on their action plans;
- Keep records, statistic sheets and files updated, reporting social activities, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects
- Provide sufficient information on MSF scope of work, capabilities of the SWs work within the project and also, update the patients about their referrals updates;
- Take an active role in managing, coordinating and arranging any activities that would run under the SW department and/ or others;
- Ensure proper documentation of all stages as per MSF protocols;
- Ensure confidentiality of the patients cases, and all their related information;
- Support in other tasks as per assigned.
COMMUNICATION AND MAPPING:
- Support the department in identifying potential actors to have an active cooperation with;
- Provide administrative and technical assistance to map and update MSF Social Network that include operating international and national organizations and also, community based-organizations, NGOs and others;
- Support in analyzing the social services span to insure proper responsiveness for our cases.
- Maintain a close and regular collaboration and exchange of information with the other MSF clinicians among the MDT followed approach;
- Keep clinicians informed about the social activities and updated information about partners scope of work and recent;
- Participate and provide inputs in meetings and case discussions;
- Maintain close collaboration between all MSF disciplines to ensure concrete follow up on our cases.
More than 2 years
Not Specified at least
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Fluency in English and Arabic;
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills;
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, sociology, or other related fields.
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs, desirable ;
- Two years’ experience of working in social work and case management, Legal Aid, communications, development, social enterprise or a related field;
- Previous experience working in multicultural context is desirable;
- Interest in working with migrants, refugees and populations from different nationalities and cultures.
- Working in multicultural and multidisciplinary settings;
- Networking and building relationships;
- Adhering to strict procedures regarding security issues
- Commitment to MSF principles;
- Ability to be flexible and work across teams.
- Strong organization skills and ability to work to deadlines.
Dead-line for applying: Sunday the 17th of June 2018
About this Company
Médecins Sans Frontières / أطباء بلا حدود (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people...
See all Careers and Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres