- Experience Needed:
- 1 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Inventory and purchasing manager is a supervisor that is responsible for managing the inventory in our operation. They are responsible for managing and buying supplies, materials, and parts for our work. They are also responsible for creating the end of month inventory reports and documenting all inventory transactions.
- Develop an active process for measuring supply inventory and determining purchasing needs
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS)
- Enter purchase details (vendors information, invoices and pricing) into internal databases and Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts).
- Place orders to replenish materials as needed
- Research potential vendors.
- Track orders and address any delays
- Oversee storage of products and ensure the application of production and expiry dates.
- Keep updated inventory records, invoices and contracts
- Communicate with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition.
Create reliable reports including:
- Value of purchases for each material
- Price changes for raw materials
- Value of purchases from each supplier