- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 7 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Act as a single point of contact for the acceptance and ownership of routine and complex end user problems, inquiries, and service requests; exercises initiative to resolve end user problems, inquiries, and service requests within process framework.
- Share responsibilities for day to day operations of the enterprise infrastructure, implementation and maintenance of server, storage and network services, and assist with issues escalated from the service desk.
- Accomplish company goals by accepting ownership for varying requests and exploring new opportunities to add value to the enterprise.
- Embrace new ideas, technology, concepts and thrive on being a change agent.
- This job is in Sector 5 in New Cairo. By the AUC campus.
- The hours of this job are 3pm-11pm.
- The coverage is New York City Hours for American clients.
5 to 7 years
Not Specified at least
Information Technology Services
- Service Desk Tickets support
- Monitor and manage the enterprise environment
- Understanding of the principles of IT governance models and IT service management
- Ticket and Infrastructure lifecycle management
- Storage capacity management
- Release and change management
- IT security skills
- An understanding of disaster recovery and redundancy principles and actions
- Assisting and taking ownership of escalated issues in the service desk
- Minimum of 5-7 years as a Systems Engineer in a diverse environment
- Very Strong command of the English Language (Fluency in English is a MUST)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / MIS or related field or equivalent industry training required such as MCSE
- Understanding of the principles of IT Governance models and IT service management
- Capable of accomplishing company goals by accepting ownership for varying requests and exploring new opportunities to add value to the team
- Must possess a strong “Customer Centric” mindset
- Must be a catalyst and be self -motivated in creating new concepts to create efficiencies
- Must be able to multitask and set priorities in a dynamic and fluid environment
- Proactive approach towards monitoring and managing the enterprise environment
- Concise and thorough system documentation capabilities
- Able to work within the confines of company’s security standards, process, and procedure
- Active Directory including Group Policy
- Powershell scripting and process automation
- Microsoft Exchange experience
- Cisco networking, IOS, Catalyst OS, Layer-3 infrastructure, routingprotocols
- Cisco Unified Communications & VOIP
- Checkpoint Firewall and VPN
- AWS / EC2 Sever management experience a major plus
Must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Server Environments
- Microsoft Sharepoint Server
- Business Objects Enterprise Administration
- Encryption technology for networks, servers, databases and storage
- Knowledge and experience with Office365
- Cloud integration, automation, federation and administration
- Experience working in hybrid, Cloud & SaaS environments is a big plus
About this Company
Effvision is a US based company, leading the way in technology. Our business model is based on our vision of efficiency. We care about your business and the growth path you have planned for it. We see ourselves as a business partner rather than just another vendor on your...
See all Careers and Jobs at EffVision