- Experience Needed:
- 10 to 15 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Objective and Specific Tasks
The COE Communications Specialist will implement the COE communication and branding strategy, programs, project content, and materials to effectively market and disseminate information, and promote the Center’s activities to internal and external constituents within Egypt.
The Communications Specialist will be assigned to report to the COE Communications Director, who works for Arizona State University (ASU), on all programmatic aspects of his/her employment, including but not limited to job description, duties, qualifications, working environment, and performance. Working under the COE Communications Director specific responsibilities will include and not be limited to the following:
- Produces and edits the stories, pictures, and videos collected from all the Center’s activities and events in Egypt. Seek out and identify newsworthy events with regard to COE activities and within the energy industry in COE. Use written and visual storytelling to document information with the intent of disseminating it effectively to a Egyptian/regional audience.
- Assist in the creation of graphics for marketing collateral to ensure optimum effectiveness and impact for annual reports, brochures, newsletters, and other marketing materials.
- Ensures that all marketing collateral produced is in accordance with USAID communications standards.
- Draft and edit quarterly and annual progress reports for submission to USAID.
- Operates various graphic design equipment and software. Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop skills preferred.
- Manages relationships with quality print and marketing vendors in Egypt.
- Arranges delivery of finished marketing materials/swag; participates in job estimation,vendor specification and vendor relations; oversees bid specifications for jobs assigned to outside vendors.
- Maintains departments files of completed assignments; maintains accurate logs of work in progress such as time devoted to project and materials used, as well as costs.
- Coordinate with media relations management firms in Egyptian to develop and distribute local, regional, and national media releases and pitch story ideas. Must have perspective of the best way to contact and work with these entities in an effective and strategic manner.
- Meets regularly with ASU Communications Director to discuss projects, performance,and updates.
- Coordinates communications efforts with USAID and partner Universities
- Travel frequently to partner universities.
- Attend project team meetings, in-person, or teleconference, during business and on occasion during non-business hours.
- Participates in USAID Communication Working Group in Egypt and shares information with Communications Director.
- Researches and identifies new audiences for content.
- Willing to carry out tasks outside of scope of work, when needed, to support project implementation.
10 to 15 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
The iHub is a non-for-profit entity that aims at increasing the hands-on experience and boosting innovation within students. The iHub exists at Ain Shams, Cairo, Alexandria and Minia Universities The iHub partners with many industry companies and startups in providing...
See all Careers and Jobs at iHub