- Experience Needed:
- 15 to 20 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- The finance manager should manage funds in such a manner as to maximize return on investment while minimizing risk.
- Ensuring that an adequate control structure is in place over the transfer and investment of funds.
- Engages in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis.
- Reviewing operational performance.
- Oversees the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledger.
- Supervises, directs, and reviews the work of the accounting staff (including, but not limited to, cash reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, accounts payable transactions, debt activity, recording of revenue and expenses, etc.).
- Cash management (including placement/movement of funds in various trusts).
- Maintains organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
- Resolves complex accounting issues or assists other personnel in resolving financial issues.
- Reviews general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Produces financial reports.
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
- Produces quarterly and annual financial statements and financial reports.
- Makes and implements recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manages outsourced functions
- Oversees the operations of the treasury department
D. Funds Management
- Forecasts cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensures that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Uses hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Maintains banking relationships
- Assists in determining the company's proper capital structure
- Arranges for equity and debt financing
- Invests funds
- Recommends appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows
- Manages the preparation of the company's budget
- Reports to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assists management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
F. Financial Analysis
- Engages in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Reviews the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
- Engages in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Interprets the company's financial results to management and recommends improvement activities
- Participates in target costing activities to create competitive pricing models
- Compiles key business metrics and report on them to management
- Manages the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Creates additional analyses and reports as requested by management
15 to 20 years
Not Specified at least
Construction - Residential & Commercial/Office Real Estate/Property Management