- Experience Needed:
- 1 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Males Only
- Travel Frequency:
- Minimal travel
About the Job
Software Technical Support Engineer or Application Support Engineer will provide IT software consulting services and work with the teachers and staff to resolve applications and products issues. Provide highly qualified resources to deploy such solutions including implementation, training and support, which will allow teachers and staff to maintain or improve their system. This position requires self-initiative, ownership, excellent listening skills, motivated to provide exceptional customer service from inception to resolution for each issue, responsiveness, collaboration, technical Support expertise, and business acumen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Software Installation
- Act as primary Software technical Support in the School.
- Data migration and testing.
- Provide Users training on the usage of the software, best practices as it relates to the application
- Backup and Restore database and check it every day.
- Designing modules by dividing the user requirements into sub modules and setting time frame for task completion.
- Receiving requests for new modules and modification to existing tasks. Participate in setting and implementing programming standards, procedures and common libraries for projects.
- Deeply Experience of Object Oriented Programming.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL.
- Prepare and present progress reports on project/activities as required. (Crystal Reports, Reporting Services)
- Testing and evaluating the systems functionality to ensure successful integration.
- Test Debugging, data validation and test case scenarios.
- Searching Internet for new technologies and new systems to develop internal work.
- Write and maintain system documentation.
- Take ownership of Staff issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve Staff issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation (when required) of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Upgrade or migrate the software
- Troubleshooting, data recovering and reinstalling Software.
- Providing procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to Staff
About this Company
AISE West opened in 2009 in Sheikh Zayed City. The attractive campus is located in a peaceful suburban setting about 20 km from Cairo’s center. We serve a predominantly Egyptian community. The school has grown steadily to encompass the whole range from PreK to Gr 12; currently...
See all Careers and Jobs at American International School