- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time Shift Based
10,000 to 18,000 EGP per month, Annual Bonus
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
About the Job
- MADEO is a unique digital agency with interesting worldwide clients and team members based in the United States and Egypt. The candidate will join the web development team in Egypt and will work with designers and strategists in the United States and other countries on helping clients innovate through exceptional digital projects.
- The perfect candidate is truly passionate about working on elevating website standards through back-end web development and ideally experience in system administration for improved hosting, performance, speed, security.
- As a developer at MADEO you will learn from collaborating with other team members and with access to several learning resources.
- You will work on interesting projects with startups, organizations, and interesting companies worldwide.
- Work every day with more than 5 other development and technology team members in Egypt, and collaborate daily with other team members worldwide through skype, Slack, and Google Hangouts.
- Work on the back-end infrastructure for website projects. Mostly in WordPress, but with occasional other platforms.
- Oversee integration with different services through APIs.
- Set up hosting and manage website deployment on various hosting environments.
- Set up and oversee website security tools and continue to improve security standards.
- Oversee client website performance optimizations for speed, compliance, and compatibility.
- Manage the import and export of various website contents through CSVs and other methods between different website CMSs.
- You should visit the MADEO website to learn more about our projects and work.
- The competitive salary is based on your experience and performance and with a strong potential for growth.
More than 5 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Computer Software Internet/E-commerce
- You should be able to work independently, but communicate hourly on Slack, phone, and email with other team members including web developers in Cairo, designers, and other team members in the United States.
- You should also be willing and able to have occasional in person meetings in Cairo with other team members for discussions on projects and workshops.
- This is a full-time job commitment, starts from 12 PM to 8PM, with genuine room for growth with proven performance.
- The candidate must have excellent written skills in English for successful communication with the rest of the team and occasionally with clients.
Required Skills Include a Working Experience With:
- Proven strong experience in Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 is a must.
- Strong experience with Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu).
- Strong experience with Apache, nginx configuration (config files, log files, tuning, visual host configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting).
- Strong experience with MVC PHP frameworks (Laravel >5.xx, Symfony 2, ..etc are a plus).
- Strong experience with NoSQL / Redis.
- Experienced with CMS platforms (i.e WordPress).
- Experienced with NodeJS and related technologies and frameworks.
- Experience with unite testing.
- Strong experience with MySQL setup configuration, tuning, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of software design patterns and development principles.
- Knowledge in version control models (Subversion and Git).
- Strong experience in Agile “Scrum/Kanban” methodology.
Additional skills that would give you a strong advantage include:
- Working experience with Angularjs
- Experience in Python or RoR.
- Objective-C / Swift
- Experience with Amazon and other cloud hosting environments.
About this Company
MADEO is a unique digital agency with interesting worldwide clients and team members based in the United States and Egypt. The candidate will join the web development team in Egypt and will work with designers and strategists in the United States and other countries on helping...
See all Careers and Jobs at MADEO