- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Portal is looking for a bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated full-time Full Stack Web Developer to join our dynamic development team.
- As a Full Stack Web Developer, your primary duties will be helping us build new and awesome experiences for our internal and external customers, meaning your work will touch all aspects of front-end and back-end development, including databases, business logic, web services, front-end UI/UX, performance engineering, custom development, testing, and deployment.
- You’ll leverage the latest database technologies as a basis for analytical application development. This involves modeling data, developing code, processes and creating an optimal platform for data retrieval in support of both internal and external facing applications.
- The teams working on features are Agile, and we place a premium on collaboration and locally-made decisions.
These include (but not limited to) the following:
- Create, develop, modify, and maintain internal and external facing software applications as part of a development/project team
- Work in a high-performing team environment developing data solutions for many of our core products and platforms
- Provide full application development life cycle support, including creating specifications, researching products, development, customized coding, quality assurance and deployment
- Test and deploy firmware to proprietary Security Access Control device
- Collaborate with UX and Product teams to implement robust, data-driven UI
- Develop and maintain internal UI component libraries
- Develop and maintain our API that powers all of our front-end applications
- Architect web applications from the ground up, with a focus on extensibility and scalability
- Work with solutions and back-end engineers to deliver new products and ensure the success of our delivered solutions
The following experience and skill set are especially preferred:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of working in a professional, collaborative environment
- Full Stack Programmer, LAMP Stack or equivalent
- Experience with GIT
- Experience designing, testing, and deploying front end user interfaces
- Experience using and building APIs
- Experience with software testing methodologies, scripting, software, or suites
- Experience working with staff at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive criticism positively
- Strive for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft and explore new technologies and development techniques to remain current and keep a fresh perspective
- Coordinate and communicate with project managers, users and product owners to understand requirements and provide estimates. Lead projects as necessary
About this Company
The Portal is a boutique creative agency in New York, Cairo, Dubai, Munich. with a core focus on creative, content, technology & e-commerce.
See all Careers and Jobs at The Portal
We help brands create amazing assets and provide the distribution platforms to tell their story and engage with their customers....