- Experience Needed:
- More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires, Schedules, Supervises, Trains and coordinates the work of Food and Beverage personnel and Catering and Budget managers.
- Ensures controls are in place to safeguard inventory controls.
- Manages finances such as budget, payroll and purchasing.
- Develops initiatives to build sales, profitability and guests counts.
- Responsible for the physical/aesthetic maintenance of the restaurant, Café and conference spaces.
- Manages F&B budgets and costs.
- Orders, maintains and inventories hot drinks and soft drinks.
- Develops operational procedures for unit.
- Maintains and implements standards of quality in all food and beverage service operations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibility following policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all Health Department.
- Ensures that the restaurant operates efficiently and effectively.
- Ensures adherence to all local laws and regulations.
- Ensures all safety and security systems and procedures are followed to ensure health and safety of employees and guests.
- Ensures established standards of foods and food safety are maintained.
- Oversees correct receipt, storage and handling of food and beverage products to ensure quality and freshness of all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of Restaurants organization, goals, and objectives, and policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic kitchen practices, protocols and procedures.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, coworkers, and general public.
- Knowledge of profit and loss (P&L) statements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Point of Sale (POS) systems.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Possess self-motivational skills and hands-on management approach.
- Possess impeccable service standards and attention to detail.
- Possess strong skills in organization and efficiency.
- Possess experience in managing multi-unit food service facilities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evening and weekend assignments.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment.
This function/position has been designated as “essential”. This means that when the restaurant is faced with a business need or an institutional emergency, employee in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover and continue operations at the restaurant.