- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- The BI Data architect is a core member of the agile team implementing BI solutions.
- The BI architect designs and builds data models for such BI solutions in order to fulfill the strategic data needs of the business.
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
Information Technology Services
- Understands the concepts and principles of data modelling and is able to produce, maintain and update relevant data models for specific business needs.
- Reverse engineers’ data models from a live system.
- Undertakes data profiling and source system analysis and can present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data.
- Uses the most appropriate medium to visualise/present data to tell compelling and actionable stories relevant for business goals
- Real hands on designing, maintaining and building conceptual, logical and physical database models
- Strong experience in different ETL tools (Datameer is a plus)
- Breadth of knowledge not only in established data management and reporting technologies, but also emerging data technologies: (classic RDBM, columnar and NoSQL databases, Big Data Solutions, Data science, predictive analytics, data visualization, unstructured data streaming technologies)
- Strong experience in Business Process Modelling (BPM)
- Awareness of ethical aspects of data
- Understands data governance and how it works in relation to other organisational governance structures
- Capable of taking responsibility for the assurance of data solutions and making recommendations to ensure compliance
- Makes complex and technical information and language simple and accessible for non-technical audiences
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ Years’ experience in a similar role working with large scale platforms.
- Working in international, distributed teams
- Experience of working on projects that span multi-disciplinary areas of differing size and complexity to meet business expectations and deliver results
- Confident and able to liaise and influence at all levels within Vodafone and/or relevant customer organizations
- Able to communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context
- Understands business requirements
- Drives improvements and process innovation
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating the structure and flow of data within the solution
- Develops data standards for a specific component while analysing where data standards have been applied or breached and undertakes an impact analysis of that breach
- Investigates different data sources on the possible transport technologies (stream/batch, schedules/freshness)
- Collects, collates, cleanses, synthesises and interprets data to derive meaningful and actionable insights
- Generates a Common Information Model
- Maps systems and interfaces used to manage data
- Sets standards for data management
- Discovers all relevant data sets from all stakeholders