- Experience Needed:
- More than 1 year
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Audio Visual specialist will be responsible for set up, operate and maintain equipment used to enhance live events, such as microphones, video recorders, projectors, lighting and sound mixing equipment.
- They record meetings and presentations with video cameras, operate spotlights, adjust amplifiers, coordinate graphics used in displays and provide technical support for teleconferences, webinars and distance-learning classes.
- Technicians may also edit, copy and store videotapes and DVDs, track inventory of equipment and order supplies.
The Audio Visual specialist responsibilities also include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in project meetings and requests for the installation of Audio Visual and cabling infrastructure.
- Work with the installation team members to coordinate installation of hardware, and cabling systems
- Work with the engineering and vendors to assess new technologies and their impact on the classroom technology used, and structured cabling perspective.
- Provide primary support and troubleshooting of hardware problems
- Provide support and troubleshooting of network and cabling related problems
- Diagnose and repair of network and AV cabling systems
- Coordinate vendor support on hardware problems, maintenance and upgrades.
- Utilizing Asset Management to manage and track AV devices and other hardware inventory, locations and status for all devices and peripheral equipment
- Participate in meetings as appropriate to understand implementation requirements
- Provide knowledge transfer within the group
- Provide physical layouts of the Media devices and updates as requested for planning purposes and to reflect the actual current environment
- Provide updates of the physical layout of equipment and cabling systems utilizing the documentation tool.
- Create planning diagrams of proposed hardware configurations as needed for installation and maintenance purposes
- Document operational guidelines, and troubleshooting procedures for all Hardware, Cabling and Media management
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts Vendors and build a working rapport.
- Assist in requesting quotes for maintenance.
- Document process and procedures and ensure that all possible infrastructure scenarios are addressed and solutions are documented.
More than 1 year
Not Specified at least
Information Technology Services
About this Company
UofCanada currently hosts the branch campuses of the University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) and Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN). Each of the top-ranked programs that these universities offer through the UofCanada branch campus in Egypt is identical to the program...
See all Careers and Jobs at University of Canada