- Experience Needed:
- 12 to 15 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
To perform all aspects of Banquet & Conference Service ensuring the high Standards of guest care and attention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and co-ordinate activities of Banquet personnel involved in set-up and service in line with specification details of function sheets.
- Determines the number of staff members required for the function and co-ordinate with Outlet Managers for extra staff.
- Ensures that all necessary arrangements and preparations have been properly made by the Banqueting service personnel and follow up with Kitchen, Engineering, Housekeeping, Stewarding and other departments regarding function arrangements.
- Conducts daily briefing and ensure that grooming and general appearance conforms to the Hotels standard.
- Fills up checklists to each and every function, to check function room for needs of repair of furniture and fixtures and co-ordinate with Engineering Department.
- Liaize with the event organizer prior and during event ensuring that all requirements are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Promptly notify other Departments any changes whatsoever on function arrangements.
- Ensures all function rooms are locked and lights are switched off whenever room is not in use and also function rooms are always cleaned.
- All planned training is conducted and recorded correctly for training audit. Staff to be released for all off-job training.
- Co-operations to be rendered to all food and beverage Outlets to ensure a smooth operation of the food and beverage department.
- Provides and maintains the highest standard of guest care and service.
- Ensures that you and all reporting staff maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times.
- Ensures that designated uniforms are worn well pressed and in a good state of repair and to ensure that name badges are worn at all times.
- Assists your Outlet Manager in maintaining and updating the departmental Service Standards Manual.
- Ensures that you and all reporting staff demonstrate the required Service Standards.
- Assists your Outlet Manager in regularly monitoring staff performance against agreed criteria.
- Have a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer guest questions in a quick, polite and helpful manner.
- Handles any guest complaints or problems promptly and to ensure that all resolved/unresolved incidents are reported to your Outlet Manager.
- Ensures company, hotel and statutory rules, regulations and policies are adhered to at all times.
- Acts on your responsibilities for Health and Safety at work.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that staff follow the hotel evacuation procedures on hearing the alarm.
- Security conscious with respect to guest, staff and hotel property/welfare and to report suspicious circumstances to your Outlet Manager.
- 13 Ensures the departmental area is maintained in a safe, hygienic and presentable state and to report any damage to furniture, fittings and equipment to your Outlet Manager.
- Communicates positively with staff, colleagues and your Outlet Manager to ensure effective teamwork and high morale.
- Attends meetings and training sessions/courses that may be beneficial to you and your department.
- Assists your Outlet Manager with the Orientation of new members of staff.
- Assists your Head of Department in roistering staff effectively.
- Effectively supervise the department
About this Company
Safir hotel Cairo is ideally located at the City Center, in the vicinity of the River Nile. 22km from Cairo International Airport, few minutes away from downtown, and the Egyptian Museum, 15Km from Sakkara Pyramids, the Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx.
See all Careers and Jobs at Safir Hotels
Our five star...