- Experience Needed:
- 1 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Females Only
About the Job
To perform all aspects of Banquet & Conference Service ensuring the high Standards of guest care and attention
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and co-ordinate activities of Banquet personnel involved in set-up and service in line with specifications detailed by the Banquet Manager.
- Co-ordinates with :-
- Kitchen regarding food preparation
- Engineering regarding special arrangements
- Housekeeping regarding special arrangements
- Flower Shop regarding flower arrangements
- Raises requisitions for food, beverage and general stores and ensure all Required items are available at all time (minimum and maximum stocks).
- Fills up checklists for each and every function, to check function room for needs of repair of furniture and fixtures and co-ordinate with Engineering Department.
- Confirms with the host of the function concerning last minute arrangements, co-ordinate with concerned departments and ensure arrangements are done as per guest satisfaction.
- Attends to guest complaints and refer same to the Banquet & Conference Manager and record in the Log Book for F&B Manager’s attention.
- Raises the check after every function, present check to the host, write sales analysis in the Log Book, deposit at the Front Office for Night Auditor, co-ordinate with Accounts in collecting checks and maintaining serial numbers.
- Checks and ensure overtime sheets are accurately filled.
- Co-ordinates with Stewarding to maintain the approved par stock, maintain Breakage Report and ensure replacement is collected for a smooth operation.
- Ensures work schedule is prepared in advance for Staff to know their weekly Schedule and also to check punctuality.
- Maintain Attendance Record.
- Checks if all function rooms are closed and lights are switched off when not being used.
- Plans on-job/off-job training along with Banquet & Conference Operations Manager and conduct the same as per plan.
- Provides and maintains the highest standard of guest care and service.
- Ensures that you and all reporting staff maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times.
- Ensures that designated uniforms are worn well pressed and in a good state of repair and to ensure that name badges are worn at all times.
- Assists your Outlet Manager in maintaining and updating the departmental Service Standards Manual.
- Ensures that you and all reporting staff demonstrate the required Service Standards.
- Assists your Outlet Manager in regularly monitoring staff performance against agreed criteria.
- Have a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer guest questions in a quick, polite and helpful manner.
- Handles any guest complaints or problems promptly and to ensure that all resolved/unresolved incidents are reported to your Outlet Manager.
- Ensures company, hotel and statutory rules, regulations and policies are adhered to at all times.
- Acts on your responsibilities for Health and Safety at work.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that staff follow the hotel evacuation procedures on hearing the alarm.
- Security conscious with respect to guest, staff and hotel property/welfare and to report suspicious circumstances to your Outlet Manager.
- Ensures the departmental area is maintained in a safe, hygienic and presentable state and to report any damage to furniture, fittings and equipment to your Outlet Manager.
- Communicates positively with staff, colleagues and your Outlet Manager to ensure effective teamwork and high morale.
- Attends meetings and training sessions/c
1 to 3 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
Safir hotel Cairo is ideally located at the City Center, in the vicinity of the River Nile. 22km from Cairo International Airport, few minutes away from downtown, and the Egyptian Museum, 15Km from Sakkara Pyramids, the Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx.
See all Careers and Jobs at Safir Hotels
Our five star...