- Experience Needed:
- 1 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Supervising and participating in efficiently rooming all guests. Maintaining accurate guest accounts, processing payment of accounts on check-out and to assist all guests with any queries or problems while training all Receptionists/Cashiers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Registers guests into the hotel, ensuring all relevant details are obtained on the registration card while adhering to the hotel’s credit policy and such details are recorded in the hotel’s computer system.
- Advises Guest Relations and Duty Managers of guest arrivals.
- Controls guest room moves to ensure all departments are notified using the correct forms.]
- Handles incoming messages, parcels and communications for guests in coordination with the Bell Desk and maintain a record.
- In the absence of Guest Services staff, re-confirm guests airline reservations and advise guests accordingly.
- Maintains guest accounts and charge records, back-ups are cleared on a daily basis.
- Attends to guest queries and complaints in as far as he/she is capable, then refer them to the Reception Manager or Duty Manager.
- Checks correspondence and guest histories of all arrivals for the day.
- Controls daily departures allowing for smooth check-out for all departures according to hotel and Safir standards and procedures.
- Maintains control of guest room keys.
- Solicits Safir Club membership while maintaining a rapport with current members.
- Maintains Reservations Office procedure when Reservations Office is closed.
- Prints registration cards for same day reservations.
- Maintains a cash float for use with guest payment of accounts and foreign currency exchange.
- Makes sure all departure with account to company have supporting documents attached.
- Solicits Guest Satisfaction Surveys and pass them onto the Guest Relations Manager or the Duty Manager.
- Remains up to date with all rates, packages and promotions being offered by the hotel.
- Be up to date with all F& B activities, theme evenings, entertainment and costs, opening times, theme evenings and promotions for both the hotel and Safir Hotels Group.
- Reads, initial and appropriately file all incoming memos, promotional material and reports.
- Promotes and maintain good public relations while endeavoring to maximize on occupancy and average room rate.
- Carries out a weekly inventory of office supplies and prepares a requisition for approval.
- Promotes and arrange airport transfers, car hire and tours with hotel limousines as and when requested.
- Prepares guest room keys, welcome booklet, registration card, welcome letter for all individual as well as group arrivals for the day.
- Audits cashier duties on a daily basis, solving all discrepancies related to Receptionist / Cashier, reported from Accounts Department.
- Remains aware of the hotel's budgeted occupancy and average room rate.
- Reviews and plan for the day's current status of arrivals, departures, discrepant rooms and the projected day's occupancy.
- Executes and resolve room discrepancies periodically during shift.
- Receive sand record reservations for hotel outlets and forward them to concerned outlet.
- Offers luggage assistance upon check-out and request guest comments, if any, about their stay.
- Maintains Reception Log book for detailed handover.
- Ensures Cold Towels are prepared for all arrivals of the day.
- Assists Guest Relations staff and Duty Manager in escorts of all arrivals.
About this Company
Safir hotel Cairo is ideally located at the City Center, in the vicinity of the River Nile. 22km from Cairo International Airport, few minutes away from downtown, and the Egyptian Museum, 15Km from Sakkara Pyramids, the Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx.
See all Careers and Jobs at Safir Hotels
Our five star...