- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Check import/export documentation to determine cargo contents, and classify goods into different fee or tariff groups, using a tariff coding system.Contact vendors and/or claims adjustment departments in order to resolve problems with shipments, or contact service depots to arrange for repairs
- Determine method of shipment, and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
- Direct delivery trucks to shipping doors or designated Marshalling areas, and help load and unload goods safely.
- Direct or participate in cargo loading in order to ensure completeness of load and even distribution of weight.
- Enter shipping information into a computer by hand or by using a hand-held scanner that reads bar codes on goods.
- Estimate freight or postal rates, and record shipment costs and weights.
- Inspect and count items received and check them against invoices or other documents, recording shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
About this Company
Alfa Food was established in 2008 in Cairo – Egypt, as an extension to Cosmopolitan International Trading Company that was established in 1991.
See all Careers and Jobs at Alfa Food
Alfa Food works in food industries and exporting the Egyptian agricultural crops.
Alfa Food deals with...