- Experience Needed:
- 7 to 12 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Negotiable, Profit Sharing, Transportation Allowance, Mobile Allowance
About the Job
The R&D Manager is responsible for leading efforts involved in new product/ packaging/process development and improvements with direct responsibility for some projects. This position initiates, evaluates plans, directs, executes, implements, and reports on activities related to the development of new products, improvements or cost savings ideas. This position carries the responsibility to mentor team members and grows their capabilities for contributing to the organization while coordinating and managing the efforts of the R&D team.
Leading R&D team to innovate new products and develop existing ones.
- Monitor R&D team metrics and objectives, and ensure meeting of R&D section goals.
- Study the new Line of Businesses for the company in security products, packaging and solutions, and ensure the alignment with the company strategy.
- Edit and Improve Company product Portfolios and keeping the product range up to date with the new trends in technology and convenience, and phase out the obsolete product in cooperation with Design & Product Managers.
- Study colleagues' suggestions and Continuous Improvement Proposals (CIPs) for the new products and developed ones.
- Oversee the design review, verification and validation of the new/developed products, to ensure conformity to specifications and fitness for use.
- Ensure the balance between targeted products and manufacturing capabilities.
- Assess and identify company position vs. competitors, in both product and service portfolios.
- Communicates with the Int'l companies to distribute and serve their products by our company.
- Coordinates with Plant Manager and Production Manager the manufacturability of the new products and the developed products.
- Calculates with the Financial Manager and the Costing Manager the estimated Return on Investment (ROI) of the new products and the developed ones.
- Develop TRM (Technology Road Map) Harnessing relevant trends and supporting in developing the product lifecycle.
- Coordinates with Supply Chain Department and Planning Manager to start producing new products and developed ones.
- Coordinates with Sales and Marketing Departments to get customers' feedback and evaluation of the new products and the developed products.
- Ensuring the support of the Marketing Team in customer relationship & Marketing Activities.
- Assist in updating the company catalogues and brochures.
- Enhance the Project development Techniques and methods to Improve skills of the product development staff.
- Participate, guide and support all department employees to contribute to performing the quality, environmental and occupational health& safety systems effectively.
- Support the role of the department to highlight its leadership on its responsibility areas for quality, environmental and occupational health& safety systems.
About this Company
The Ahram Security Group ASG: is one of Egypt's leading private investment groups.
See all Careers and Jobs at Ahram Security Group
ASG possesses a solid foundation the lock industry and has capitalized on Egypt's investment-rich economic climate to aggressively expand into end-users,contractors, project sand...