- Experience Needed:
- 1 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, Eligible for Bonus
About the Job
- Responsible for the daily one-on-one supervision and management of all Support Professionals on assigned team, typically a minimum of 20 direct reports.
- Ensures service delivered to our customers meets contractual Key Performance Indicator (‘KPIs’) obligations of our clients through the management of operational activity of the team.
- Under the direction of the Operation Manager, the Team Leader implements systems and processes to achieve client-specified metrics while providing development opportunities to our Support Professionals.
- Lead Support Professionals, foster their professional development and growth via effective coaching and communication and promote teamwork and cooperation in delivering on Stream’/Convergys’ mission.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and management of directly assigned team of Support Professionals.
- Ensure that Support Professionals have a clear understanding of performance expectations, that they are properly trained and that they have access to all the tools and resources they need to perform at high levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Conduct multiple call-coaching training sessions each week.
- Provide feedback to Support Professionals on their daily performance and behavioral activities in an effective and timely manner.
- Communicate expectations to new employees and provide timely business updates and changes.Under the direction of the Operation Manager, manage team KPIs and retention initiatives.
- Participate in root cause analysis regarding attendance challenges and attrition.
- Team with site leadership to develop actions to reduce attrition where possible. (stated above already)
- Work with Operation Manager to resolve personnel issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Implement all disciplinary actions, up to and including termination, in accordance with company policy and ensure consistency.
- Document issues, actions taken and plan for follow-up for Support Professionals HR file.
- This includes involvement with both Operation Manager and Human Resources in addressing disciplinary actions.
- Administer and manage payroll in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Pro actively manage Attendance Standards compliance and Leaves of Absence in accordance with company policy and practice.
- Evaluate the need for advanced actions based on attendance data and act accordingly.
- Provide escalation support to Support Professionals by providing guidance in problem solving customer issues.
- Use all available resources to resolve these issues as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure that the guidance is translated into coaching and effective feedback for the Support Professionals
- Conduct Team Meetings with direct reports to ensure expedient communication of relevant information and as an open forum for input from support professionals.
- Schedule and coordinate team activities.
- Coach and mentor Support Professionals to ensure goals are developed for their personal and professional growth and development. Identify performance related issues and develop an action plan for improvement.
- Be prepared to take more formal action when goals not achieved, including the proper utilization of Performance Success Plans.
- Prepare process and conduct annual performance appraisals for assigned Support Professionals on time.
- Manage the appraisal process within the team by conducting a three month job discussion with new employees and an annual review.
- Maintain open communication with all team members.
- Act as a resource for answering questions, resolving product and policy questions.
- Partner with Human Resources to screen, interview and hire Support Professionals for contract.
- Ensure that effective training and mentor resources are provided for all employees.
- Attend required manager development training.
- Team with support organizations (Quality and Learning, Operations Planning, Human Resources etc.) to evaluate process improvement opportunities.Stay current on internal work processes, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all company and team policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
1 to 3 years
Not Specified at least
Consumer Services Outsourcing/Offshoring Telecommunications
About this Company
We are excited to announce that Convergys has completed its acquisition of Stream, creating a world-class customer management firm made up of 125,000 employees working in more than 150 service centers and 31 countries. Both companies are known for providing exceptional...
See all Careers and Jobs at Convergys