- Experience Needed:
- More than 4 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Implement, debug, configure, build, deploy and test applications.
- Implement: implement new requirements, handle change requests and fix bugs for different releases. Should deliver a high quality and functioning code.
- Debug: ability to track and debug the code to easily figure out issues' root causes.
- Configure: put configuration layering, change application configuration on different environments, maintain and manage different configuration files.
- Build: knowledge of how to write build scripts (e.g. using ant or maven) and how to configure nightly building tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Deploy: deployment automation, how to easily deploy applications on different environments and operating systems.
- Test: writing unit tests, knowledge of unit tests frameworks (Junit, TestNG) and working with test driven methodology
- Technical design, decision making, analysis and research.
- Design: participate, propose and find the most suitable solutions using design, enterprise or architectural patterns. Software engineer should have knowledge of different development methodologies and practices (e.g. TDD, extreme programming, pair programming, n-tier architecture).
- Decision making: help the team lead and managers in technical decision making (e.g. most preferred UI technologies that best match a specific problem statement)
- Analysis and research: stay updated with new technologies and solutions for different problems, quick research is required.
- Ability to quickly analyze and provide solutions to business and technical problems.
- Task breaking down, setting tasks priorities, using JIRA, task estimation and follow releases policies and rules
- Setting priorities: discuss and understand priorities with leader.
- JIRA: regular access and updates on JIRA, guiding other team members about how to use JIRA.
- Task break down: distinguish and understand the difference between epics, stories, tasks. Breaking tasks to smaller tasks as possible as could be.
- Estimation: provide roughly and almost accurate estimates for the assigned tasks, stick to due dates and meeting the deadlines, estimating according to the smallest tasks in a given sprint.
- Other teams support and collaboration, training,
- Collaborate not only within the team but with other teams.
- Support and help could be required including shifting between teams in different releases.
- Training and guidance: knowledge transfer, training sessions and guiding other colleagues.
More than 4 years
Not Specified at least
Computer Software Information Technology Services
About this Company
Silicon Expert is the leading data provider of electronic component data to the electronics industry. We provide OEMs, EMSs, Distributors and Component Manufacturers with the most accurate data and sophisticated tools for electronic component management.
See all Careers and Jobs at Silicon Egypt