- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
- In close coordination with the Head of Mission establish and maintain professional contact with other NGOs, UN Agencies, government authorities, academia etc. and assist the Head of Mission in official meetings
- Upon request of the Head of Mission represent MSF in meetings and report about the meetings attended including through the drafting and filing of minutes
- Inform and assist HOM on issues related to Egyptian culture, context, political and security situation.
- Ensure a good information flow between MSF and Egyptian administrations.
- Assist the HoM in the context and security analysis, disseminate relevant context information
- Monitor local newspapers and social media for relevant information (Egypt, MSF in Egypt, NGOs in Egypt, security, regional context and major events that might have an influence on MSF operations) and compile daily bullet point memo for HoM.
- Collect news and reports on major humanitarian crisis, health and migration in Egypt or the region and share summaries with the Head of Mission
- Monitor MSF Middle East website and share all interesting and relevant information in English/Arabic language concerning MSF movement and operations with the staff.
- Brief new expats on cultural and security issues
- Ensure the update of MSF EGYPT web site and support communication activities of the MSF Egypt mission in coordination with MSF’s MENA Communication Hub.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
- Disseminate relevant information to the co-ordination team, regularly inform them on key issues, inform about and coordinate meetings
- File field contacts (other NGO’s, UN agencies, local authorities…) verifying that they are easily accessible in order to facilitate contacts and meetings.
- On the demand of Head of mission, draft letters in Arabic and/or English to authorities in an adapted level of language
- Ensure the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in a country, clinic registration etc.
- Keep updated files of correspondence with authorities and other counterparts.
- At the request of the HoM, prepare and conduct an information briefing focusing on the country context for International, Regional and Relocated Staff.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- Assist the Head of Mission and/or the Administrative Coordinator in the organization of team building events, workshops, and other events, when necessary and upon request of the Head of Mission
More than 2 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
About this Company
Médecins Sans Frontières / أطباء بلا حدود (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people...
See all Careers and Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres