- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 9 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Managing the productive and non-productive purchasing team
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow MEM’s Procurement Policies and Standard Operating Procedures when undertaking the specified duties assigned.
- Managing the negotiating process with suppliers when acquiring products, components, materials and service provisions.
- Keeping with established category budgets as set and agreed upon within the financial year.
- To develop and plan long and medium-term cost reduction initiatives with key suppliers that will enhance Samaya competitiveness.
- To develop long-term supplier relationships with key suppliers within the category and ensure that this is maintained in line with MEM’s procurement policy. This shall lead to build partnerships with key MEM suppliers and classify suppliers in the Suppliers’ Approved List.
- To be competent on the Procurement information system and keep u-to-date with changes
- Review, approve, and process purchasing requests for goods/services and comply with MEM’s purchasing procedures and requirements.
- Coordinate and resolve with Finance & Accounts any issues or disputes arising with suppliers re.: invoice settlements, contract terms and conditions including prices and cost reduction initiatives.
- Evaluate the suppliers’ performance and guided by the approved suppliers’ list, take decisions to identify the appropriate supplier for the specific good/service requested.
- Liaise, consult and communicate with the ‘internal customers’ requesting the goods/services to reach consensus in the selection of the right supplier.
- Ensure that all suppliers are aware and informed on the Vendor Requirements List and Terms & Conditions. Explain and clarify any points to the suppliers if and when required.
- Ensure that contracts are signed and approved by suppliers in accordance with MEM’s Procurement Policy.
- establish aggressive year-on-year cost reduction initiatives and consolidate or transfer business to meet aggressive set targets..
- Create and maintain purchasing procedures.
- Provide monthly reports that track and monitor dept performance.
- Provide GMAC reports for Purchasing manager.
- Manage a team of category buyers and guide to ensure above objectives are met.
- Assisting the Management Team and provide support as necessary.
- Manage and leads the subordinates reporting to him/her to achieve targets and objectives set by the Company.
- Set targets and objectives to subordinates and monitor and evaluate the respective levels of performance.
- Handle and delegate administrative tasks required by this post
- Induction training of new staff
- Work within Environmental and Health & Safety requirements procedures.
- Work within the Quality Management System requirements and procedures including Certification and Customer requirements.
5 to 9 years
Not Specified at least
- Preferably having a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or related technical field, or at least 3 years work experience in Purchasing, combined with a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in Middle Management.
- Oral and written skills, strong interpersonal skills and superior organizational abilities.
- Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment is essential.
- Ability to be flexible and multitasking.
- Methodical approach, enthusiastic with an emphasis on accuracy and quality of work.
- Goal Oriented Self Starter.
- Excellent Communicator.
- PC-based computing experience is essential.
Organization Structure:- The Purchasing leader regardless of other duties has a direct responsibility to the External Logistic / Internal Logistics Principal.
Working Conditions:- As specified by the Company. The Purchasing leader must follow established Environmental and Health & Safety practices.
Back up responsibility: higher level.
About this Company
Methode Electronics is a leading developer of custom-engineered and application-specific products and solutions utilizing the latest technologies. From biometric identification utilizing the unique characteristics of human skin structure; to magnetic signature sensing of...
See all Careers and Jobs at Samaya Electronics Egypt LTD