- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Senior Management (e.g. VP, CEO)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
Detailed Job Description:
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will be responsible for building and managing effective and streamlined operations, processes and systems relating to finance, accounting, treasury, procurement, IT, administration, contracts and Internal Control. The CFO will focus on strengthening his/her team’s capacity to develop, implement and manage cost effective and efficient policies/practices, with particular attention to rigorous internal control systems and procedures.
- Work with Program Directors to ensure the success of each program through cost analysis support and compliance with all contract and program requirements. This includes:
- Interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and contractual guidelines.
- Ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel.
- Determine the optimal structure that will best deliver on the financial services, obligations and commitments of the organisation.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes the minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee financial management for sub-awards and programs.
- Monitor banking and investment activities of the organization.
- Assess and fully develop the financial systems of the organization to superior levels of service and functionality for all customers served by the finance department.
- Develop financial processes that proactively and strategically establish the highest levels of benchmarks and performance for the total organisation in cooperation with the executive team and field operations.
- Work with the Managing Director and Executive team to develop financial strategy and ensure the organisation’s targets are met or exceeded.
- Assess organizational performance against both annual budget and long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial information to the executive management team.
- Ensure that the Finance & Accounts Department prepares and sends periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, and annually) to donors and partners as required which comply with all local and donor-specific financial guidelines.
- Structure, prepare and present materials for formal board meetings and board committee meetings.
- Engage the Board Audit Finance and Corporate Governance Committees on issues, trends and changes in operating models and financial systems. Assist in establishing yearly objectives, meeting agendas as well as selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors and investment advisers).
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with organisation’s strategic plan.
- Participate in developing new businesses, specifically: assist the Chief Programmes Officer, Chief Strategy and Technical Officer and Chief Operating Officer in identifying new funding opportunities.
- Provide timely and insightful analysis of financial results and forecasts, analyse the allocation of costs and provide key metrics to the management team to enable them effectively run the organization.
Procurement, Facilities and IT
- Provide oversight for the procurement function to ensure the development and implementation of policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure efficiency and transparency of the procurement system and the adoption of best practices in
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a first degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Economics or other numerate discipline.
- Must possess at least 10 years post qualification experience in financial analysis and reporting preferably in the manufacturing sectors; with a minimum of 5 years in senior management role.
- A relevant second degree (MBA or MSc) is desirable.
- A professional accounting qualification such as CPA or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized professional body is desirable.
COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Experience in interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Working knowledge of current accounting standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management and accounting.
- High interpersonal skills, a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable passion for the organisation’s mission.
- Constantly looking to apply best practices.
- Creative with experience funding activities in a way that covers both costs and generates operating margins.
- Experience with budget development as well as legal and regulatory compliance.
- Technologically savvy, with experience in using enterprise resource planning applications.
- Experience in communicating key data effectively, including presentations to senior management, the Board or other outside partners/influences/clients.
- Analytic and decisive with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- A hands-on manager with a high level of integrity and ethics.
About this Company
AMRIYA PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES
See all Careers and Jobs at Amriya Pharmaceutical Industries
Operating under the umbrella of PHARCO Corporation, Amriya Pharmaceutical Industries is a private Egyptian shareholding pharmaceutical company based in Alexandria, Egypt. Founded in 1984, Amriya was established with the aim of...