- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Purpose of Job :
- The General Manager for the FMCG Division will have a key leadership role within the group which will involve managing the supply chain and distribution across the country.
- The GM will lead and develop the local distribution workforce, as well as develop good relations with current and potential clients.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager will form part of the senior team at Famalco, and will therefore need to think strategically, financially and operationally.
- Overall, the GM will ensure a smooth flow of high quality product import, delivered efficiently within a set budget, across geographical multi-sites. Vital to business success, the packing operation functions and distribution requires constant monitoring for cost effectively, reducing waste and maximising profitability.
- The General Manager will also be involved in developing new sales leads, improving procurement methods and exploring new business opportunities, as well as marketing the current portfolio through the Fruitland Team.
- Provide leadership and vision by assisting the board and staff with the development of long range and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on strategies;
- Formulate and execute company’s strategic plan;
- Establish and lead execution of operation strategy;
- Set and achieve key performance targets for: sales, delivery, cost, expenses and other measurements of operational performance;
- Identify, create, and develop new market opportunities, taking the lead on constructing a robust and successful business proposal that secure new deals, contracts and long term relationships;
- Support and lead company products sales, growth and continuous cost & quality improvements in the business;
- Manage all sales related activities covering setting and strictly monitoring of sales targets and ensures accurate delivery of products in all sales channels;
- Ensure timely collection of company’s money from the market. Develop plan to minimize expiry products from the market;
- Minimizes sales returns/damaged goods and short expiry goods by monitoring returns, developing a depletion plan and avoiding overstocking the points of sales;
- Able to devise and implement plans to mitigate the risk for smooth process;
- Timely update and present competitors’ activities and provides market feed-back on new products, prices changes, new launches, etc to the top management;
- Communicate operational/sales results, activities, etc. to Executive Management and provide recommendations and plans for ongoing improvement.
- Ensure areas of responsibility are delivered in a way that are consistent with the company’s goals and financial-cost improvement plans;
- Monitor industry legislative developments, develop and implement strategic changes in order to maintain compliance and maximize business performance;
- Develop and maintain an excellent rapport with key stakeholders such as clients, suppliers, community organizations, regulatory bodies etc;
- Representing the organization at trade exhibitions, events, demonstrations and other related activities;
- Responsible for the warehousing operations including its personnel;
- To formulate performance measures, parameters and targets, in line with the business objectives and agreed every year on performance review, with targets set for the subsequent year.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality throughout: on current business activities, short-long term plans, proposals under scrutiny and any other activity related to the business;
- Other duties as shall be required
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
FMCG Food and Beverage Production
About this Company
Green Valley Considered one of the largest growers and exporters of peanut in the country.
See all Careers and Jobs at Green Valley Group
Green Valley is responsible for Sourcing of the Peanuts in the highest quality for its own Processing and for Raw supply to the European Market.
Green Valley has the latest...