- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Negotiable, Bonus available (performance based)
About the Job
As a project support officer, you won’t only perform routine administrative duties like minute taking – rather, your responsibilities will be inextricably tied to the success of the project you are working on.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supports the project management processes (including but not limited to) risk management, issue and action item management, schedule management, change management, cost management, stakeholder management, vendor management and communications management and develop content for team and client meetings. Facilitate the successful implementation of the product, service, or end result of the program or project
- Responsible for ensuring the project management activities of the Project are conducted in accordance with project management plans, and industry best practices for project management.
- Responsible for monitoring project schedules and budgets, preparing progress reports, and liaising with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for logging , managing and analyzing information on the progress of the project, using specialized project management information systems.
- Responsible for managing lower-level administrative support staff.
- Implements project management best practices to effectively and efficiently meet project goals and objectives.
- Supports the project team with project management tasks relating to quality assurance, risk management, planning, issue management, schedule management, communications management, procurement management, stakeholder management and other project management disciplines under the guidance and supervision of the project manager.
- Provides leadership to team members and other project staff on project management policies, procedures, practices, and standards.
- Assists the Project team in developing and maintaining plans and processes that comply with PMI® standards.
- Ensures project plans and documented project processes are approved and placed in the Project Library/document repository.
- Coordinates and leads process improvement sessions for improving internal project processes and processes involving interactions with other organizations.
- Assists in/or develops and maintains the Process Management and Improvement Plan documenting roles, responsibilities, and activities for process definition and improvement. This includes periodic reviews and updates of the Plan.
- Administers the project’s Change Management tools.
- Serves as the Change Request Coordinator and processes, tracks, and reports status of Change Requests in accordance with the Change Management Plan.
- Administers the Management Information Systems used for the purpose of the project
- Serves as the Issue Manager or Action Item Monitor to process, validate, track, and report status of project issues in accordance with the Issues and Action Item Management Plan.
- Assists the Project Manager in conducting Lessons Learned sessions documenting lessons learned, and manage a Lessons Learned repository.
- Reviews contractor deliverables related to project management processes to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Participates in the development of project approval documents as mandated by the project manager and/or the client.
- Assists in the preparation of reports and presentations on project activities and status for various stakeholders.
- Serves as a PMO member of solicitation evaluation team(s) for the evaluation of project management components of draft and final bids.
Focuses on the critical technical project management elements for each project they manage. At the top of the list are the following:
- Critical success factors for the project
- Selected financial reports
- Issue log
- Time management skills
- Financial Awareness And Ability To Manage Finances
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Able To Work As Part Of A Team
- Good Interpersonal
- Able To Work Under Pressure.
- Professional Communication Skills
- Able To Work Under Pressure.
- 2 Years in similar role
- CAPM® Certification is a must.
- PMP® Certification is a plus
About this Company
BRISK Business Inc. (BBI) is a New-York-City-based international service provider specializing in Strategy Execution, Business Transformation, Organizational Change Management, and Portfolio, Program, and Project Management operating in over 35 countries worldwide. BBI helps...
See all Careers and Jobs at BRISK Business Inc.