- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Freelance / Project
About the Job
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development testing education and production usage.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development lifecycle.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Performs database re-organisations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third-party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate. Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure the integrity of the database.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Create new database users as required.
- Manage to share of resources amongst applications.
- The DBA has ultimate responsibility for the physical database design.
3 to 5 years
Not Specified at least
Healthcare and Medical Services
The DBA should possess the following skills:
- A good knowledge of the operating system(s)
- A good knowledge of physical database design
- Ability to perform both Oracle and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
- Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- Good skills in all Oracle tools.
- A good knowledge of Oracle security building and management.
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development lifecycle.
- A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity.
- A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.
- A DBA should possess a sound understanding of the business.
- A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers.
About this Company
Established in 1998 and founded by Dr. Amr Hamza (CEO) aiming to design, implement and management of health care programs for many different clients, whether governmental, public sector, institutions, private companies or multinational organizations.
See all Careers and Jobs at UNICARE Medical Care & Centers