- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- The NITM is a full-time position dedicated to support ICT activities in the national office in SOS Egypt and in all SOS programmes.
- The NITM is part of the national management team and reports to the national director.
The NITM is accountable for the development and implementation of the ICT plan for his/her base country.
- Leads in the area of coverage, the implementation of National ICT strategy based on the International ICT strategy; designing the implementation plan, monitoring and evaluating implementation.
- Is responsible for quality assurance within the responsibilities defined in ICT standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Is responsible for developing, leading and supporting the network of national co-workers within the ICT function, supporting knowledge sharing, steering national developments and ensuring capacity building in the ICT field.
- Gives his/her input in the annual planning and advice strategic ICT actions.
- Establish the ICT budget for the national association with the cooperation of all stakeholders and insure the execution of this budget upon its approval.
- Ensure the regular reporting requested by the ICT Director of MENA Region.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Physical installation of computers, servers, peripherals and network equipment.
- Monitors and manages ICT systems and networks in defined locations.
- Provides helpdesk service to users in defined locations in the region
- Documents ICT configurations and changes in defined locations in the region
- Supervises, organizes and monitors SLA’s where necessary.
- Monitors and ensures availability of ICT services; internet connection, email etc.
- Ensures compliance with SOS CV International ICT standards
- Enforces and adheres to defined local ICT policies on email, network, and internet usage.
2- Strategic planning, target setting, budgeting:
- Promote, organise and supervise the implementation of international ICT strategies, standards, goals and guidelines in SOS Egypt.
- Give input to planning sessions with national management, taking part in setting ICT targets, directions and developing main activities.
- Takes part in joint planning sessions with ND. Here strategic targets, resources allocation, budgets and GSC support are discussed and agreed.
- Define ICT goals for SOS Egypt, define standards and guidelines and organise and supervise their implementation; give guidance and support to the National Association (NA) in taking actions and developing towards reaching the set targets.
- Provides expertise, consultancy and controlling to the National Director & the ICT Director in the region regarding ICT in line with “Vision, Mission, Values”, and approved strategies, budgets and plans of the organisation.
- Guide and support ICT budgeting processes, supports the National Director in ICT budgeting, planning and monitoring.
- On request, participate in the planning and further elaboration of global ICT strategies, standards, goals and guidelines as well as the development of quality assurance systems for these standards and guidelines.
- Develop and implement the annual ICT plan.
- Collaborate with programme to elaborate ICT4D projects.
3.Monitoring, evaluation and reporting:
- Follow up of progress of NA towards agreed targets in ICT. In case of deviations suggest and agree with ND on counter-measures for confirmation by the ICT Director of the region.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of policies; ensure that tools and systems are in place and correspond to the current organisation’s official policies, standards and guidelines.
- Organise and monitor technical support for national projects (on request)
- Support the regular assessment of the country providing information to ND for the “NA health check”.
- Performs other ICT relevant
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
- Hold a master or equivalent in IT or Information Systems.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in infrastructure and network management in a corporate or NGO environment.
- Experience in project management.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA:
- Planning, Design and Deployment of infrastructure.
- IT maintenance.
- ICT Security Management.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Management.
- Network Management.
- Project Management.
- Service Level Management.
- Systems support and maintenance at level 1-2.
- Incident and problem management.
- Reporting skills.
- Understanding of finance management.
- Install and configure Windows 7& 10,
- Install and configure windows server 2012, 2016.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype for business)
- Mastery of Microsoft cloud services Office365.
- Network infrastructure planning & design
- LANs & WANs configuration
- Wireless telecommunications and networking (802.11, Bluetooth, GSM, GPRS, 3G, etc.)
- Mastery of TCP/IP protocol and IPv4 & IPv6 configuration
- Telephony Technologies understanding (Analog and IP)
- Server Administration on Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012
- Active Directory installation & configuration
- Group policies configuration & Implementation
- DNS & DHCP Configuration
- File and print servers configuration
- CISCO Router configuration
- Firewalls configuration
- VPNs configuration
- Network Management : traffic management, Bandwidth control, SNMP monitoring, NetFlow, RT monitoring, packet sniffing & Service management & monitoring
- Troubleshooting network bottlenecks.
- Software maintenance.
- Hardware maintenance.
- User Helpdesk.
- Kaspersky & Kaspersky admin installation & configuration
- System/Network Health Check performing
- Update management mastery
- Keep a current understanding of vulnerabilities from the Internet
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of contemporary standards, practices, procedures and methods
- Physical Security knowledge
- Ability to write tools to automate certain security tasks
- Organizing and performing technical Vulnerability Assessments including systems and network vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, social engineering assessments, physical security assessments, wireless security assessments and implementing secure infrastructure solutions
- Identification and Authentication technologies, including biometrics
- Encryption techniques knowledge
- Data protection solutions knowledge.
Business Continuity Management:
- Elaborating backup strategies
- Mastery of backup solutions
- Mastery of Mass storage technologies (e.g. SAN, NAS, etc.)
- Network load balancers knowledge
- Perform business recovery, crisis management, emergency management, contingency planning and disaster-preparedness planning.
- Conducts, communicates, and maintains business continuity lifecycle planning and business impact analysis.
- Identifies and quantifies the potential impact of various disruptions and disaster scenarios.
- Monitors and reports on the compliance of business continuity processes, readiness, events and exercise results.
- Develops, enhances and disseminates information
About this Company
SOS Children’s Villages helps 550,000 children to grow up in a loving family.Currently, SOS Children´s Villages is active in 136 countries and territories to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home.
See all Careers and Jobs at SOS children`s village
Every co-worker, associate, and partner has the responsibility to protect children from all forms.