- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Inspects the sites and all properties of the CWGC, produces the technical condition surveys and coordinates the projects to ensure that the Works standards of the Commission are met.
- Prepares contract documentation and issues tenders. Monitors the work of contractors and reports progress to the manager. Work with external engineers, architects and surveyors for the design and construction of major or specialist projects.
- Recommends action plans to carry out project work.
- Produces condition surveys of all cemeteries within the region.
- Carries out headstone inspections to all sites within region.
- Carries our maintenance works by contract in full liaison with Technical and Country supervisors.
- Contributes to Conservation Statements.
- Recommends action plans to the Works Manager, submitting estimates to the Manager.
- Liaises with Local Authorities for permission to carry out cycle maintenance in their cemeteries and outside the boundaries of Commission sites and for roadside direction signs and the like including new projects.
- Liaising and assisting Technical or Regional Supervisors to carry out Works projects within regions.
- Responsible for Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations-COSHH, Health and Safety
- Systems Management, Task Risk Assessment Environmental Risk Management, Machinery, Respiratory Protective Equipment, Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing.
- Support as required to the Technical Manager (Works), Mediterranean Area in the administration of project works, tender processes and management of contractor relationships.
What we Offer
- Private medical health cover
- Training and Development
- A friendly and positive working environment
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
About this Company
Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) is a non-profit organization and is responsible for the commemoration in perpetuity of the 1,700,000 men and women of the Commonwealth forces who died during the two world wars in perpetuity. The Commission now has a commitment in 150...
See all Careers and Jobs at CWGC